• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on having a Class 1 FFL within a certain distance of a school? I've never heard of anything, but would appreciate any info.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Do you mean a Type 1 FFL? There is no "class 1 ffl", there is a class 1 SOT, which is for importers.

IIRC, there are no state or federal restrictions on distance, but your town could say something about it.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    It is a type 1 ffl. There are no restrictions but there are rules. My old shop was down the street from Manual High School. The ATF did state that if I was within I believe 100o yards of the school that anyone coming into the shop or leaving the shop with a firearm had to have their firearm in a locked case. I believe that is all you have to be worried about. That does not mean that the schools or neighbors may try to fight having a gun shop near a school. But there are no laws against it.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Thanks guys. I figured it might be something to that effect. We've had our FFL for years, and might be moving. I found new space, but it's near a high school. So, sounds like it might not be worth the effort to stir up the local anti's.

Top Bottom