• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got it. Your boss' house was at Lake Monroe, not Herb's house. I misunderstood.

My wife follows all that Monday Murder Mystery stuff, otherwise I would have never known that I live down the street from it.
    Sigh.

Still no.

My boss bought Herb's house near you. Bones and all. And I worked at the property for 6-8 months. My boss eventually got divorced and they sold the property. (I think)

Neither Herb nor my boss owned a house at Lake Monroe. A lake HOUSE was never mentioned. In fact, thats what the 55' cabin cruiser was for. Play all day with the high speed toys, eat and sleep in the cabin cruiser in its slip.

I got to use my boss' toys down at the lake when my boss wasnt using them.

Who's on first?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Lets try to keep this one between the ditches folks. This has been and continues to be a very serious situation for nearly 6 years. Again... between the ditches please.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lets try to keep this one between the ditches folks. This has been and continues to be a very serious situation for nearly 6 years. Again... between the ditches please.
    Sorry, Kelly. Didnt realize it was in this thread. I thought this was the Baumeister thread. (hence why I was so short/frustrated)

@OmarR this is where this topic is being discussed in detail.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No change of venue from the county, but the jury will be brought in from another county.

It's a PIA for the jurors, but is easier for the parties and court. This would also seem to indicate sequestration.
    Wanted to post this, but couldn’t remember where the thread was. I think it’s a good thing. “A jury of his peers “ is what he needs. Next time in front of a judge is in June unless I’ve got it confused with another case. (The college student stabings)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No change of venue from the county, but the jury will be brought in from another county.

It's a PIA for the jurors, but is easier for the parties and court. This would also seem to indicate sequestration.
    Wonder what county they are going to put the jurors up in. There are no hotels that I know of in Carroll county, so unless they stick some beds somewhere in the courthouse... Closest would be either Monticello or Lafayette.
    Wanted to post this, but couldn’t remember where the thread was. I think it’s a good thing. “A jury of his peers “ is what he needs. Next time in front of a judge is in June unless I’ve got it confused with another case. (The college student stabings)
    I think you may be thinking of another case. There is a hearing scheduled for 2/17 and trial 3/20 but the judge stated that the trial probably won't be happening then because it's doubtful either side will be ready.

Reactions: Mij

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I did a double take when I heard about this earlier. A change of venue, without changing venue?

Next question, which county will provide the jury?

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Wonder what county they are going to put the jurors up in. There are no hotels that I know of in Carroll county, so unless they stick some beds somewhere in the courthouse... Closest would be either Monticello or Lafayette.

I think you may be thinking of another case. There is a hearing scheduled for 2/17 and trial 3/20 but the judge stated that the trial probably won't be happening then because it's doubtful either side will be ready.
    Well there is a rental house that holds a couple family’s but I don’t know about 12 adults my in-laws used it for a wedding. Laf. Makes sense old 25 or HHC into Laf. HHC is about 20-25 min. From Point to Point.

Well Monticello has that new place south of the WCSO across US-24.

Ya there’s so many cases of interest right now it’s hard to keep track, wish there weren’t.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I would guess Lafayette. Looks like a bit under 20 miles....which is under 2/3rds of what my daily commute is.
    Lafayette and Monticello are both about the same. I think that Monticello is a little under 15 miles and with traffic most likely a good bit quicker. 20 minutes doing speed limit. I won't say what my best time is but it's well under that and it was from just south of Delphi so a bit farther than the courthouse.

I would guess Lafayette as well though, more hotels so possibly easier to conceal which one the jurors are staying at. Although if the trial is during the off season they could probably get a good deal at some of the resorts in Monticello.

Well there is a rental house that holds a couple family’s but I don’t know about 12 adults my in-laws used it for a wedding. Laf. Makes sense old 25 or HHC into Laf. HHC is about 20-25 min. From Point to Point.

Well Monticello has that new place south of the WCSO across US-24.

Ya there’s so many cases of interest right now it’s hard to keep track, wish there weren’t.
    New? The Best Western has been there for a decent amount of time I think 10+ yrs.

Last edited:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Lafayette and Monticello are both about the same. I think that Monticello is a little under 15 miles and with traffic most likely a good bit quicker. 20 minutes doing speed limit. I won't say what my best time is but it's well under that and it was from just south of Delphi so a bit farther than the courthouse.

I would guess Lafayette as well though, more hotels so possibly easier to conceal which one the jurors are staying at. Although if the trial is during the off season they could probably get a good deal at some of the resorts in Monticello.

New? The Best Western has been there for a decent amount of time I think 10+ yrs.
    Well, guess it‘s just new to me. Ya I was thinking about security for jurors as I read your posting, you are most surly right about Laf. Being easier to secure those folks. I just read the jurors are going to be from out of county.

I hope they got the right guy, time (and evidence) will tell. The community needs to heal. It’s gonna hurt, but at least they can begin to move forward. Looks like the new mayor has big plans for growth. (TV 18).

:thumbsup:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If that guy has a smart lawyer he would tell him stop eating and get skinny. That jury going to see him everyday and most likely see video over and over again while looking at a guy same height and body type. Kinda like OJ getting off his arthritis meds, eating and cracking his knuckles everyday so he KNEW his hand wouldn’t fit that glove he had on anymore.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    If that guy has a smart lawyer he would tell him stop eating and get skinny. That jury going to see him everyday and most likely see video over and over again while looking at a guy same height and body type. Kinda like OJ getting off his arthritis meds, eating and cracking his knuckles everyday so he KNEW his hand wouldn’t fit that glove he had on anymore.
    yes, if he’s guilty I’d want him to go free also, let’s figure out how to get’r done.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This just in about the jurors.

Interesting. I just read the stipulation. I know that the defendant's motion for change of venue cited to Allen County as an example of a county with much less publicity about the case. I wonder where the St. Joseph County suggestion came from. Demographically, I see some similarities. If publicity about the case were the only issue, I think the Region would be in the running because there has been little coverage, not none, but little since we get our media, by and large, from Chicago.

Neither St. Joseph, nor Allen are much, demographically speaking, like Carroll County. Similar median household incomes, but that's about it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Interesting. I just read the stipulation. I know that the defendant's motion for change of venue cited to Allen County as an example of a county with much less publicity about the case. I wonder where the St. Joseph County suggestion came from. Demographically, I see some similarities. If publicity about the case were the only issue, I think the Region would be in the running because there has been little coverage, not none, but little since we get our media, by and large, from Chicago.

Neither St. Joseph, nor Allen are much, demographically speaking, like Carroll County. Similar median household incomes, but that's about it.
    Would they just say two different counties so as to throw off the obvious media paparazzi that will try and find out who the jurors are to interview them or family and friends?

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    If publicity about the case were the only issue, I think the Region would be in the running because there has been little coverage, not none, but little since we get our media, by and large, from Chicago.
    I’ve often wonder how much of a difference the miles apart make for media reporting on this case. I’m sure Chicago has it’s own violence and other subjects that frequent the news..

Top Bottom