• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    I don't know how many turkey hunters we have out there but this is the worst part of the year for me,deer season is over and I will spend the next three months with a reed in my mouth driving my wife nuts getting ready for turkey season. My hunting buddy and me will drive the back roads at the crack of dawn just to listen for gobbles and watch for flocks. Come on April I'm ready to lay a thunder chicken down then head to Missouri to kill a couple more! :D

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    After seeing 10-30 turkeys everday during deer season I am going to try turkey this year. 4 different times this year I had turkey's walk within 15 feet from me. I also watch the sun come up with a big tom sitting in a tree about 20 yards from me. I must say that was the pretty funny watching him land on the ground. I also saw 2 white ones and I am assuming that these are like albino deer and they cant be shot?

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I love to Turkey hunt. But never put out Alka Seltzer for bait....

"damn, they blowed up!":hehe:

turkeyparts.jpg

m1231

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Auburn, Indiana
    I know what this is like. I can't wait for turkey season. I also have hunted turkeys is Mo. down around Fort Leonard Wood. Great hunting there.

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    I know what this is like. I can't wait for turkey season. I also have hunted turkeys is Mo. down around Fort Leonard Wood. Great hunting there.

My buddy's family has 600 acres in Nevada Mo. its about 30 miles from Kansas .
    The turkey hunting there is awesome and his sister is a great cook I always put on about 10lbs while I'm there.:cheers:

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    My buddy has 250 acres in central Kentucky, just about 30 miles or so from Lexington. Lots of rolling hills and pastures with wooded valleys. The birds love dandelions. Every time I clean one, it is full of dandelion heads. That and those little red berries on the bushes. ThatGobblers are everywhere. Nothing like a fresh bird in a deep fryer and a big pot of greens.
    Last fall I was sitting just at day break at the edge of the woods waiting for the birds to wake, when I hear them talking infront and behind me. I hear something walking in the woods, thinking it was the Tom getting closer. I'm all ready to let loose when I see them, three big Does about 15 feet in front of me. Stopped at the edge of the woods, look around, and then turn and walk back into the woods. Never even saw me. Never saw a bird. Get up the next morning, not to hunt but to leave and I hear a noise in the back yard..............

IMG_1222.jpg

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I live in the Northeast part of the state. Looking for private or public land to hunt turkey's. Have alot more birds in this area but it is like pulling teeth to get permission to get on private land up here. I retired here from the Army and have been looking since then. Not a whole lot of luck in finding any. Can anyone help?

Look at Huntington Reservoir, plenty of them there.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    it is pretty reasonable to do. i went to South Dakota last spring with my dad....i took him for his 60th bday. 2 merriams each!

hunt + flight, all said, <$2000 for two people.
    texas is about 1/2 that so far....

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I went to a NWTF dinner last night in Brazil, and now I am all fired up again. I live in Fountain county right on the Parke county line, so I see birds almost every day. In the early spring I can go outside to have my morning coffee at daybreak and can hear the toms sounding off.

Fire

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    After seeing 10-30 turkeys everday during deer season I am going to try turkey this year. 4 different times this year I had turkey's walk within 15 feet from me. I also watch the sun come up with a big tom sitting in a tree about 20 yards from me. I must say that was the pretty funny watching him land on the ground. I also saw 2 white ones and I am assuming that these are like albino deer and they cant be shot?
    You can shoot albino deer and turkey. It has to be a bearded bird to shoot it in the spring.

nedwards

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Danville
    Has anyone ever seen turkeys in the plainfield area?

I hunt deer in plainfield but have never seen any just thinking
    I am going to have to find another hunting spot to hunt turkeys

Last edited:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't know how many turkey hunters we have out there but this is the worst part of the year for me,deer season is over and I will spend the next three months with a reed in my mouth driving my wife nuts getting ready for turkey season. My hunting buddy and me will drive the back roads at the crack of dawn just to listen for gobbles and watch for flocks. Come on April I'm ready to lay a thunder chicken down then head to Missouri to kill a couple more! :D

Man do I feel your pain, wifey is going tom hunting with me this year, mouth calls don't make her gag (they tear me up, slates and boxes only for me) so she is gonna go call for me and hopefully get one of her own too.

Top Bottom