• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Just wondering what anyone elses experience with Tula 223 ammo has been lately. How many failures to go off your getting ? I've been shooting a lot of this stuff over the years and as of late I am getting one or two rounds out of twenty that won't go off. Wondering what others experience has been with this stuff...

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Just wondering what anyone elses experience with Tula 223 ammo has been lately. How many failures to go off your getting ? I've been shooting a lot of this stuff over the years and as of late I am getting one or two rounds out of twenty that won't go off. Wondering what others experience has been with this stuff...

I just fired off 350rds of this over the weekend with no issues at all. Have yours all been from the same batch number?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'll have to check the boxes, they were purchased over the last year at assorted walmarts around NW Indiana...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have had Tula .223 white box so lightly loaded that it wouldn't cycle my SAR-3 or Norinco 84S-1. I keep a 20 inch cleaning rod to remove the empty shells from the chamber since some seem to glue themselves in. The rounds that do extract can be hand caught without burning yourself as they are cold. Wouldn't try that with a standard .223.

Have had a couple go pop instead of boom and glad I saw dirt kick up on the berm as a barrel check would normally follow to check for a squib.

Been very disappointed with Tula .223 and will never buy any more.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    All of the ones I have tried to fire have good solid primer hits but no bang. I have tried to run them through again after clearing them from the gun and I would say 95% of those don't go off either...

At first glance I thought maybe I had a problem with rifle but it does this in all of my AR's and even my MVP so it is the ammo...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had a herters .223 not go off recently. Aren't they made in tula? I put it through a few times, but no bang.

Top Bottom