Free: Tubbs bore polishing bullets .270 (loaded)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Cleaning out the loading bench.

I have 44 rounds of Tubbs bore polishing bullets in .270 loaded to Sierra’s minimum/starting load. This is loaded ammo for improving rough bores. It is not recommended to use these on good bores. I loaded these to use on my .270 but before I used them I got a bore scope and found the throat/lead was cut wrong with chatter marks all the way down the bore. I replaced the barrel and never used these. I no longer have the original packaging. I have them separated and labeled by the steps they are to be used. Below is the product description from Midway:

The Tubb Final Finish Bore Polishing System is composed of a series of 50 bullets that are impregnated with 5 different progressively finer compounds. Enhances accuracy by polishing out bore imperfections. The smoother bore results in reduced fouling and less drag. Also makes the barrel much easier to clean. Removes no more than .0003" of metal from the bore and includes a reusable plastic case. This is not loaded ammunition. Reduced loads must be used when loading Final Finish Bullets. Bullets are made by Sierra. The grain weight of the bullets will be listed on the end of the package. Tubb recommends using the starting load listed in the Sierra reloading manual for that grain weight and bullet. Tubb also recommends not to go above the starting load for any reason.

Again, these are loaded to Sierra’s minimum/starting load. I figured I’d pass them along if anyone can use them.

Local pick up in Lebanon. Or I might be able to meet anywhere around 465 on weekday mornings or afternoons depending on my work schedule.

1677335678041.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom