• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The TSA is setting up roadside checkpoints, using what they call "VIPR Teams" (Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response). They are making people wait in lines and be X-rayed using mobile radiation trucks. These teams are a merged group of local, state, and federal enforcers with a common mission: reminding you what the New America is all about.

No probable cause, no warrants. No constitution, no illusions of freedom here.

TSA VIPR inspection program targets truck fleets | BulkTransporter.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrheqdqqj4A"]YouTube - Feds Radiating Americans at Roadside Checkpoints[/ame]

Last edited:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    You did read the article didn't you? It is for COMMERCIAL vehicles only. You know, those people who make a living driving all our stuff around? The ones that have to have a special CDL. The ones who can be pulled over for any reason to have their load and driving log checked? The ones that are forced to pull over at weigh stations entering and leaving states? Oh...maybe when your thread says "people" and "long lines" and "x-ray" it was just me thinking that you are fear mongering.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You did read the article didn't you? It is for COMMERCIAL vehicles only. You know, those people who make a living driving all our stuff around? The ones that have to have a special CDL. The ones who can be pulled over for any reason to have their load and driving log checked? The ones that are forced to pull over at weigh stations entering and leaving states? Oh...maybe when your thread says "people" and "long lines" and "x-ray" it was just me thinking that you are fear mongering.

:laugh:

Oh, well how embarrassing. I didn't notice the lines of trucks in the video either.

Does the constitution say that if you are driving a truck the 4th Amendment doesn't apply to you? Are truck drivers just pieces of meat that the feds can put into their mobile microwave ovens?

Can you think of any programs that get rolled out on one "unpopular" group and then onto everyone?? I can!!

LOL. Way to stick up for freedom!!

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010

Trucking is so ridiculously over-regulated as it is. This is a joke.

If you deliver to Eli Lilly downtown Indy, you have to go through a giant x ray machine in a very obscure, unmarked garage on Drover street north of Morris. The security guards there, by the way, are generally pricks.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Does the constitution say that if you are driving a truck the 4th Amendment doesn't apply to you? Are truck drivers just pieces of meat that the feds can put into their mobile microwave ovens?

I'm pretty sure the drivers aren't x-rayed

Can you think of any programs that get rolled out on one "unpopular" group and then onto everyone?? I can!!

So this is a slippery slope? first x-rays for commercial containers then...breaking into your house to check your fridge for out of date milk? Go get some more tin foil for your hat!

I'm beginning to believe that maybe there should be a few more restrictions on the 1st amendment!

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm pretty sure the drivers aren't x-rayed
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. Illegal and unconstitutional, either way. And the TSA has no problem X-raying people, by the way. Perhaps you have heard of their airport security measures. I'm sure I know who's side you're on though.

So this is a slippery slope? first x-rays for commercial containers then...breaking into your house to check your fridge for out of date milk? Go get some more tin foil for your hat!

I'm beginning to believe that maybe there should be a few more restrictions on the 1st amendment!

Tin foil hat... yeah... Is there some kind of class where they teach people to say that, when debating somebody who are upset with unconstitutional programs? How can it be "tinfoil" if it is in the headlines?

Lol, cool censorship joke. Sorry if you got offended from this news story. And that I disagree with government checkpoints. And unwarranted searches. And X-raying citizens. And merging local and federal troops. And the death of the 4th amendment.

Here you go, I baked you a cake! Everything is right in the world again! We are safe and free in America!

Last edited:

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    How is this any different than mandatory weigh stations along interstates. They've been doing that for years.

I also think they've been using x-ray and explosive detection devices on shipping containers at seaports in the US for quite some time. What's the difference?

To a certain degree those weigh stations are to inform the drivers what roads are and are not safe for them to drive on, based on their weight.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    To a certain degree those weigh stations are to inform the drivers what roads are and are not safe for them to drive on, based on their weight.

How do you figure that? That doesnt make any sense at all. Weigh stations are equivelant to LEOs who sit on the side of the highway with a radar gun. They are nothing but fishing expeditions. Its just about revenue.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    yup

How do you figure that? That doesnt make any sense at all. Weigh stations are equivelant to LEOs who sit on the side of the highway with a radar gun. They are nothing but fishing expeditions. Its just about revenue.

AMEN Brother. The weigh station is definitely NOT to let truckers know what roads are safe for their travel. They ARE an enforcement branch of government with federal blessing to increase truck safety and increase state revenue.

nawainwright has obviously never been inspected at a weigh station. The information about which roads a trucker can use safely is necessarily aquired by the trucker on his own. Some states don't even post the restrictions against vehicles over a certain length on some state routes(VA is one) and they'll still write you a ticket for being on it.:twocents::ar15:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    How is this any different than mandatory weigh stations along interstates. They've been doing that for years.

I also think they've been using x-ray and explosive detection devices on shipping containers at seaports in the US for quite some time. What's the difference?

They're searching for illegal Africans farting illegally Africans farting illegally Africans farting illegally Africans farting illegally Africans farting illegally Africans farting illegally Africans farting illegally...

Trucking is so ridiculously over-regulated as it is. This is a joke.

If you deliver to Eli Lilly downtown Indy, you have to go through a giant x ray machine in a very obscure, unmarked garage on Drover street north of Morris. The security guards there, by the way, are generally pricks.

They're protecting the vaccine supply.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Trucking is a privilege not a right.
    so now having a buisiness and making a living is no longer a right?

last time i checked we have the right to life, and in order to have the right to life we need to work to make money to pay for food and water and shelter to survive. you take that right to work away you are taking away the right to life, of course if you just want everyone to rely on the government for free hand outs.... :rolleyes::n00b:

Top Bottom