• 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    TSA Considers Airport Carry Ban

Friday, August 08, 2008

A recent story in USA Today (to read the story, please click here: www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-08-07-tsa-gun-ban_N.htm) reported that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) may weigh in on the issue of legal carry in the unsecured areas of airports.

It was reported that TSA “may allow airports to ban firearms from terminals, parking lots, roads and other airport areas where many states currently allow passengers to carry . . .” Such a policy would not only interfere with self-defense rights, but could also interfere with the possession of legal firearms by hunters and other travelers who plan to check those firearms in their luggage.

Please be sure to contact TSA to let them know that their interference with local Right-to-Carry laws is unwanted and an unneeded infringement on the right to self-defense.

You can contact TSA at https://contact.tsa.dhs.gov/DynaForm.aspx?FormID=10; or by mail at: Transportation Security Administration, 601 South 12th Street, Arlington, VA 22202-4220.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So now that the Supreme Court ruled we can keep and bear arms the hapless bureaucrats have to restrict our rights with their senseless regulations. Can someone please show me where a legally carrying citizen has created a criminal problem at an airport when carrying in the public areas?

Why can't I carry a gun when I pick up my family members at the airport? I don't go into the 'secure' areas of the airport, I'm in the baggage claim and parking areas.

Next thing you know, they will extend this to busses and trains too. Very slippery slope if we allow it to occur. We have to stop this at airports and give the T.S.A. a (polite) piece of our minds.

Their contact form is very simple to fill out, I'd suggest that you make the complaint under "Civil Rights" issues! https://contact.tsa.dhs.gov/DynaForm.aspx?FormID=10;

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I sent:

To whom it may concern:
    I have just read of the proposed change to circumvent state laws and make unlawful the carry of firearms on any airport grounds whatsoever. I am displeased that this is even being considered, due to infringements upon federalism and upon the rights of citizens both as a group and individually. Even if the federal government had the power to deny the right to keep and bear arms (which it does not) on airport property, by what authority would they presume to deny travelers or those transporting them their means of self-defense en route to and from the airport? This will only succeed in creating more crime near airports; The state of Florida at one time found that rental cars were being targeted for violent crimes including carjacking; they removed the prohibition on those from out of state carrying there and the crime rates went down. Citizens who are lawfully armed are not the problem which needs addressed. Atlanta's airport authority reminds me of a small child claiming his Big Brother (reference intentional) can beat up the person with whom he disagrees, in this case, the state legislature.
    Thank you in advance for denying their totalitarian petition, and for your attention to my letter.

Blessings,
    B

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My comment:
    Why exactly are you considering making firearms no longer allowed to be legal carried in unsecured locations of airports?

Do you consider your screening bad enough that you need a wider range of "gun free" zones to compensate?

Do you not want to allow hunters to actually fly to their locations after checking their firearms?

Do you just not believe that people have the right to legally carry weapons for self-defense, when many airports do not have close parking in great neighborhoods?

This is unacceptable and WILL NOT increase security on flights. It is pure and simple an attack against the 2nd amendment and the right of an individual to legally defend themselves.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, we can trust TSA to make the biggest dumba** decision possible, so we know what will happen.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    They did such a bangup job in their two day Indy Bus stop search program last year why am I surprised.

Hell, they proved that they did not even know basic Indiana State Carry Law and had to have an IPD officer teach them law in front of a crowd.

Add to that their decision to paint/embroder "badge looking" shapes on their uniforms even though they are not LEO's and even though congress critters objected only shows them to be power grabbing holster sniffers. Given time, they could actually create authority for the themselves.

Friggen Blob Monsters - eat and grow, and have to eat more to grow more.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Add to that their decision to paint/embroder "badge looking" shapes on their uniforms even though they are not LEO's and even though congress critters objected only shows them to be power grabbing holster sniffers. Given time, they could actually create authority for the themselves.

"Holster sniffers"? Dammit... Somebody get me the windex and a paper towel to clean this stuff off my screen.

That's effin perfect. :lmfao:

Blessings,
    B

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Hell, now they're looking at getting "real" badges:
    TSA's new policelike badges a sore point with real cops - USATODAY.com

[eric cartman]RESPECT MY AUTHORITAY!!!!!!!![/eric cartman]

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    But by going back to the contact.tsa.dhs.gov main page I was able to get there (with the same address as caused the error in the address bar--weird).

In any case, my own "comment" sent.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I was as nice as I could be

Your interference with local Right-to-Carry laws is unwanted and an unneeded infringement on the right to self-defense. Please cease and desist meddling with my right to carry firearms stored in my luggage when traveling unless you plan to provide personal security detail for me when I travel via airplane... this security detail will be required outside of airports for the entire length of my travel.

Top Bottom