• Poll closed .

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I've read that alot of people in this forum keep a gun in their vehicle. I know many are also NRA members. I imagine many of the NRA members have stickers on their vehicles. I've seen them around town. Or even other types of gun-related bumperstickers for that matter. Does anyone think that someone looking for a gun might be inclined to break into a "marked" vehicle?

Last edited:

msgro22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    eastside of indy
    i have my ingo sticker and my nra sticker on the back of my truck.. i work on the inner eastside of town for the last 2 years and people seem to stay away from my truck... plus i park where the cameras we have point on it just in case....

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I'm kinda with lars on this. On body carry of gun. Buttload of backup ammo in the suv though. Trucks and cars are over rated :P

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I only keep my sideram on me, while in my vehicle. I used to keep it locked up while at work. I was getting to much moisture build up, while at work during winter time. Other then that no gun stays in my vehicle, without me being present. I do however have an NRA sticker on my windshield, and two different NRA stickers on the back along with my **** on gun control sticker. Bewteen that and my Veteran plates. People seem to not bother me :D

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    I am also working on the eastside and am scared to death to leave my weapon in my vehicle, but scared to death not to carry it with me. Now what should I do?
    lol
    gotta carry, darn car jackers

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mine, like Lars, is on my person, so is in the vehicle when I am.

My car, and truck are just PLASTERED with pro-2nd Amendment stickers.

As a matter of fact, I have a small safety yellow sticker on the drivers door of both vehicles that read:

NOTICE
    The owner/operator of this vehicle is licensed to carry a handgun.
    Use appropriate caution!

I call it my, "Fair warning sticker";)

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Car

I carry my gun on me, not in the car. Only if I have to go inside a building like a County Courthouse do I leave my gun in the car and then it gets dissassembled and enough of it to make it non-operational comes with me. I don't want anyone stealing my gun and using it to commit a crime.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I occasionally have thrown a shotgun in the car for one reason or another, but like others have posted, it doesn't live there. For the most part it is just the handgun on my belt, and I have been known to keep a couple of reloads in the center console.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Mine, like Lars, is on my person, so is in the vehicle when I am.

My car, and truck are just PLASTERED with pro-2nd Amendment stickers.

As a matter of fact, I have a small safety yellow sticker on the drivers door of both vehicles that read:

NOTICE
    The owner/operator of this vehicle is licensed to carry a handgun.
    Use appropriate caution!

I call it my, "Fair warning sticker";)

I've seen your truck, who'd want to steal that beater? :dunno: :popcorn:

j/k.

For me mine is always on me when in the car. Only time it is in the car and I'm not with it is when I'm at work. And my work is fenced in, with security gates and a guard booth, with cameras everywhere. Now I know it would be easy for someone to shoot the guard and come right on in. But My car doesn't stick out, and dad's ranger I"m driving right now due to flat tire looks like a pos so I doubt anyone would try anything with it. Only gun sticker on my car is an INGO sticker. Nothing on any of the others.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I see no reason to leave a pistol in my truck, I keep it on me. Leaving it in the truck is just another way that it could end up in the wrong hands.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I have a security box bolted to the floor of my truck. It's usually empty, except for those times when I am going somewhere that prohibits carrying. I also have a convenience holster in the console for long drives, making the XD ready and much more comfortable. Yes, I proudly display my NRA sticker. I suspect that potential theves know that a sticker is often on a vehicle with no gun inside. There are many 2A supporters who choose not to carry (or even own) a gun. My situation doesn't seem to fall in any of the categories, so I posted instead of voting.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't have any kind of stickers anywhere on my vehicles. And keep the interiors clean and uncluttered so there's nothing visible to steal.

Part of being a responsible gun owner (in my opinion) is keeping the gun out of the hands of others. If my firearms are stolen because I didn't keep them protected enough, I would be somewhat responsible for an innocent person being victimized by the criminal. It's part of owning up to responsibility.

Never owned a kimber or a hi point pistol, but I'd feel equally anxious if either was stolen and used to commit a crime.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have an NRA sticker and USPSA sticker on my car. I do have to leave a piece in there every once-in-awhile but I would never do so where break-ins are likely. I used to have an "Insured by GLOCK" bumper sticker, but I took it off when I had to travel through Illinois and Wisconsin for interviews. I had my G23 with me, but unloaded and stored in the appropriate manner. However, I definitely didnt want to get stopped in Chicago, cuz I heard they will just arrest anyone with a handgun no matter what the illinois law is. Ofcourse that would only be possible if the police had some reason to search my car, I just didnt want to take the chance (especially driving through chicago)

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When ever I'm home (not at school) there's usually a 12 gauge or mini 14 in the backseat of my truck. Perks to living in the country / on a farm I guess.

Top Bottom