• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Mine is a 40L bag with lots of crap in it. It weighs roughly 20-25 LBS currently... which I'll admit is a pain in the ass to lug around. Trauma kit, 2 survival space blankets, hammock w/ bug net, life straw, 2400 Calorie food bar (x2), 100ft paracord, water purification tablets, mountain house meal (x2), zip ties, lighter w/ electrical tape combo, water proof matches w/ cotton dipped in vasoline, extra socks, multipurpose knife set, box of 9mm, handcuffs, empty trash bags (x2), flashlight, spare batteries, collapsible cooking set, sunglasses, ear pro, bug spray, deodorant, etc.

I also have a soft armor vest, boots, layers of clothing and additional meals, portable charger, and other items that could be used if staying around my vehicle... if I needed to bug out they could potentially be shouldered around in a separate bag.

I also water proofed everything in baggies... my best advise would be to prepare your kit like it's going to rain every day.
    Vacuum sealer shrinks things like clothing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    used to carry an internal frame 70's era HIGH quality backpack. 1" felt padding on shoulder and hip straps.
    10'x 12' Tarp and pegs
    Poncho liner.
    100+ feet of paracord
    2 butane lighters
    Homemade alcohol stove and fuel
    Folding wrist rocket and 50 cal. lead balls
    Spare tubes for same
    Water filter and Lifestraw
    2 water bottles, 1 held first aid supplies and compass
    2 sets polypro long underware (light and heavy)and stocking cap, vacuum sealed
    2 sets tigerstripe camo including boonie hat, vacuum sealed
    Custom bush knife w/sheath
    Little plastic/ceramic rod type sharpener
    4 pair wool socks individually vacuum sealed
    2 piece AR and 4ea, 30 rd Pmags full

Always had my EDC stuff and boots with me, and ramen and tuna and sleeping bag on the truck. Figured I could at least make a good show of walking home from CT or NY if it came to that.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Your location and lifestyle is a big factor. I spend about 99% of my time within a 30min. drive of my house. I don’t carry overnight gear because there aren’t any scenarios where I wouldn’t be better off just walking a few hours home.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mine's stocked up pretty good....

EUoGFQIWsAIaOM9

ERpEGHQX0AA-WYS

Bed, toilet, Coleman grill and stove, heater, chair, axe, saw, knives, .410 snake charmer, cooler, machete, first aid kit, croc's, extra jacket etc....

I know it seems overkill but you've got to realize I'm nearly a half mile away from the shop....

That cooler is awesome, indi. They keep ice for days. I had a red one that got legs but I still have the blue one.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My get home bag

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Poncho
    Headlight
    Emergency Blanket
    Flashlight
    Gloves
    Multi Light LED
    Head Net
    Magnifying Glass
    Lighter
    Waterproof Matches
    Soap
    Perma Match
    Sponge
    Bungee
    Wipes
    Rope
    Tissues
    Funnel
    Tablet Towels
    Grocery Bags
    Tooth Brush
    Duct Tape
    Tooth Paste
    Safety Pins
    Baby Powder
    Zip Ties
    Hand Sanitizer
    Big Rubber Bands
    Tums
    Elastic Bandage (2)
    Deodorant
    Cloth Tape
    Q Tips
    Bandages (Asst)
    Off
    Sterile Roll Gauze
    Note Pad
    Diarrhea Tabs
    Pen
    Antibiotic Ointment
    Compass
    Ammonia Inhalant (3)
    Whistle
    Ibuprofen
    Carabiners
    Clippers
    Swiss Army Knife
    Batteries (4aa/4aaa)
    Scissor
    Utensil Kit
    Tinder
    5 Hour Energy
    Multitool
    Cliff Bar (2)
    Onion Soup Mix (2)
    Hot Chocolate (4)
    Oatmeal (3)
    Coffee Filters
    Phone Dry Box
    Filter Straw[/FONT]

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My get home bag

P[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]oncho Headlight Emergency Blanket Flashlight Gloves Multi Light LED Head Net Magnifying Glass Lighter Waterproof Matches Soap Perma Match Sponge Bungee
    Wipes Rope Tissues Funnel Tablet Towels Grocery Bags Tooth Brush Duct Tape Tooth Paste Safety Pins Baby Powder Zip Ties Hand Sanitizer Big Rubber Bands Tums Elastic Bandage (2) Deodorant Cloth Tape Q Tips Bandages (Asst) Off Sterile Roll Gauze Note Pad Diarrhea Tabs Pen Antibiotic Ointment Compass Ammonia Inhalant (3) Whistle Ibuprofen Carabiners Clippers Swiss Army Knife Batteries (4aa/4aaa) Scissor Utensil Kit Tinder 5 Hour Energy Multitool Cliff Bar (2) Onion Soup Mix (2) Hot Chocolate (4) Oatmeal (3) Coffee Filters Phone Dry Box Filter Straw[/FONT]

Commas are not your strong suit. Maybe put them in list form? So we know where one item stops and the next begins?

What's an Ibuprofen Carabiner?

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    As others have it largely depends on your usual travel. Before this pandemic, I would regularly travel 3-5 days / week up to 7 hours drive away if not a flight which presents separate challenges. I have basically a small camping kit in my car along with a few days of freeze dried food and fresh snack (peanuts etc) that I use regularly and rotate. I also keep a case of water in the a a small cooler in the car to protect from freezing and heat, and use and rotate regularly. Adding to the list that most have I have a small toolkit with basic tools, a tire inflator, tow straps, several blankets, state and some local maps of where I usually travel, and finally a roadside kit with flares, fire extinguisher etc. I have a bigger vehicle so it's easy to keep all this stuff. I figured if I had to abandon I could take what I needed in the backpack in the car based on the situation.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Something that’s important to remember with all preparedness, is that skills and experience matter. Two of the concepts that I teach are:

“Knowledge doesn’t weigh anything” and

“Cool toys are neat, but useless if you don’t know how to use them effectively.”

Make sure that if you set up a system, learn how to use everything in your system efficiently and PRACTICE with it. That includes your pack and loadout and actually humping said loadout, if that’s part of your plan.

I have a friend who has is 60+ pounds overweight, has trouble breathing and isn’t very apt, physically. He also has a cheap MOLLE backpack full of crap weighing probably close to 50 pounds itself, doesn’t fit him, and is way overloaded for it’s quality. It would surely fail him if he tried to hump it, and he would most likely keel over in any attempt to exfil on foot.

Physical fitness, training, mindset and proper equipment matter much more than the highest-dollar AR and multicam goodness.

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    Something that’s important to remember with all preparedness, is that skills and experience matter. Two of the concepts that I teach are:

“Knowledge doesn’t weigh anything” and

“Cool toys are neat, but useless if you don’t know how to use them effectively.”

Make sure that if you set up a system, learn how to use everything in your system efficiently and PRACTICE with it. That includes your pack and loadout and actually humping said loadout, if that’s part of your plan.

I have a friend who has is 60+ pounds overweight, has trouble breathing and isn’t very apt, physically. He also has a cheap MOLLE backpack full of crap weighing probably close to 50 pounds itself, doesn’t fit him, and is way overloaded for it’s quality. It would surely fail him if he tried to hump it, and he would most likely keel over in any attempt to exfil on foot.

Physical fitness, training, mindset and proper equipment matter much more than the highest-dollar AR and multicam goodness.

Absolutely agree.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    A shopping list. We all plan to carry everything we might need on our back at all times but there will be times when a quick shopping trip can top off your supplies or give you some of what you need to if you are separated from your Get Home Bag. This could be because of air travel, being a passenger in someone else's vehicle, your vehicle/bag is not accessible (stolen, accident, fire...), stocking up for a friend that was not prepared. Heck, just having a hot meal and hydrating before you start hoofing it can lift your spirits and extend your travel distance.

Having a list (on your phone/in your wallet) makes the shopping trip fast and keeps you from forgetting potentially helpful items in a moment of stress.

CONVENIENCE STORE

• Maps
    • Local knowledge (ask clerk or customers but still maintain some OPSEC)
    • Imodium
    • Ibuprofen
    • Vitamins
    • Vaseline
    • Lighter(s)
    • Cash (from ATM)
    • Jerky
    • Energy Bars
    • Gatorade
    • Water
    • Hand Sanitizer
    • Trash Bags
    • Bandana
    • Hat (warmth/sun)
    • Flashlight
    • Batteries
    • Cordage (rope, wire, zip ties)
    • Duct Tape
    • Tissues (=T.P.)
    • Baby Wipes (hygiene)
    • Food (canned, easy open)
    • Spoon
    • Knife
    • Sharpie
    • Candy
    • Sunscreen
    • Bug Repellent
    • Socks
    • Pantyhose (insulation layer)
    • Newspaper (insulation, kindling, local info)
    • Bag(s) (to carry stuff in)
    • Meal (grab a hot meal and a soda to eat before leaving to carbo load before the trip).
    • GAS

Top Bottom