• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsbolton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    DANVILLE
    Just a little FYI never park in lot behind fair grounds/race track has always been a bad area. Why they continue to use the fair grounds is beyond me there are several better choices to host the event not sure as to contact as to complain.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Same thing happened to me at the last show. I came out, and there was a nice hole under the lock cylinder on my passengers door. Nothing missing, but now I need a new door. What I don't understand, I drive a beat-down looking 1990 Suburban with faded and peeling paint, windows that they could see into to see that there was nothing worthwhile inside, and they still chose to hit my truck. I guess I should be thankful that there wan't more damage.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I think most of you are approaching this all wrong....think of it as an opportunity! :rockwoot:

Ever been to Mexico? In addition to paying your parking fees, you usually give the lot attendants a bit extra to 'watch' your car.

One of you lucky Ingo guys/gals has the opportunity to 'be' that lot person and start your own personal security business. Just hang around the parking lot and ask patrons if they would like to pay for a bit of 'extra' security while they are shopping. You'll make millions!

Oh and if they decide to 'opt out', just like in Mexico, you make sure they won't make that 'bad decision' again.

I guess I shouldn't poke fun at Mexico for this practice, we do it there in the US, it is typically called a 'security' or 'protection' payment, to the local merchants.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Good thing my Combat Cavalier(in U.N. Blue no less) wasn't broken into. I hate to have my gun Clintonized :rolleyes:with a zip strip so I unload it and leave it in the car.I Don't like HUGE crowds but the 1500 is one of the few places I meet INGO'rs. :ingo:When I got there Sat 10am off Binford Blvd I HAD to turn right or run over the traffic people.:noway: SUCKS!

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I hear stories like this and can't understand why more technology is not used. Yeah it costs money and yeah it is not perfect but I have to believe that half the issue is these guys get away with it all the time and there is little to no consequences. So maybe you can't do anything to the guys taking the stuff except bust them walking away with the stuff and kindly collect it. At least then the guy who lost it just has to deal with the damage to his car and not wonder if he will ever see his possessions again. Just my :twocents:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Are you suggesting overflights by UAV's? That would be a surefire way to monitor the area, and I heard they have really good hi-res camera capability. Plus, if things got too bad they could fire some lasers or stun missles or something at the perp and keep him from escaping while the authorities moved in. Now that would be cool.

Note: Purple = sarcasm. ;)

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    i have never had any problems with people messing with my car..... granted the LEOs are always nice enough to wave me over to park by them :D
    100_0768.jpg

even tho it has tinted headlights now and HID headlight bulbs, everybody still thinks its a police car, lol

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    The cadilac had an alarm system that was set and the window was shattered but the alarm was not set off. The police said that they had encountered a few other similar situations in which alarms had not been set off in the previous few days. In other words the criminals knew a little about what they were doing.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The cadilac had an alarm system that was set and the window was shattered but the alarm was not set off. The police said that they had encountered a few other similar situations in which alarms had not been set off in the previous few days. In other words the criminals knew a little about what they were doing.

Sounds like they may have been using an automatic centerpunch. It could spiderweb the entie window and not jar the enough to set off the alarm..

Sucks to hear about the break-ins. Makes me a little less bummed that I missed the show.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    They really are going to have to step it up with security. If this continues at gun shows someone is going to end up catching them in the act, and I really doubt they will just let them get away for it. Its also going to deter people like myself from going back.
    When they realize less people are coming, maybe they will add some security, or just rooftop snipers that watch the vehicles. whatever works best.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I always thought it was :bs:that they make you unload when you enter anyway.

The parking areas of gun shows are probably one of the most dangerous places due to the requirement to unload before entering. You've got people going in with potentially large amounts of cash for purchases & coming out with any number of expensive guns/ammo & in both cases no way to defend themselves if they comply with the "no loaded guns" rule.

The last gun show I went to in Fort Wayne...well let's just say 'concealed means concealed'. ;)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I always thought it was :bs:that they make you unload when you enter anyway.

The parking areas of gun shows are probably one of the most dangerous places due to the requirement to unload before entering. You've got people going in with potentially large amounts of cash for purchases & coming out with any number of expensive guns/ammo & in both cases no way to defend themselves if they comply with the "no loaded guns" rule.

The last gun show I went to in Fort Wayne...well let's just say 'concealed means concealed'. ;)

Thats kind of like robbing a gun store. We know how that usually works out.

Top Bottom