• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ok guys, I work in an engineering field and so I'm always looking for more effective/better ways of doing things (designs.) I'm in contact with an organization for new products and I just want to get a feel for the local "market".

I want to know if any of you have any firearms (primarily pistols, but not restricted to) which you would like to alter (lighten, or stiffen) any spring tensions on, but is not commercially available to do so? (i.e. the FNP-45 has a "heavy" trigger pull I'd like to lighten, but nobody currently offers and aftermarket springs for their pistols) something similar to this situation................any of you have "custom" alterations such as this to make to a weapon, but no available "gunsmith" can/will do it and no available aftermarket replacements??? Tell me what it is/your situation in this thread....

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Not so much spring tension, but there are SEVERAL makes and models out there that could use a new transfer bar system to decrease the pretravel.

berretta 92 and ALL of the taurus semi autos.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've completed a pre-engagement slack elimination on an FNP-45 (as much as can be allowed with the existing design of that weapon) and am getting some replacement springs finished to reduce the amount of pressure on the trigger without effecting it's operation....not my weapon btw, per "customer" request.....but anyhow I'll take all comments into consideration on this post and if anyone wishes for me to take a look at their gun specifically...let me know as well...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not so much spring tension, but there are SEVERAL makes and models out there that could use a new transfer bar system to decrease the pretravel.

berretta 92 and ALL of the taurus semi autos.

lol....not a taurus fan?...jk......the problem with such weapons is the whole single/double action double team design...some are hard to keep both capabilities while eliminating the pretravel.....I personally would like the 1911 trigger type on ALL of my guns....no pretravel, short, and crisp...but back to lala land

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Ok guys, I work in an engineering field and so I'm always looking for more effective/better ways of doing things (designs.) I'm in contact with an organization for new products and I just want to get a feel for the local "market".

I want to know if any of you have any firearms (primarily pistols, but not restricted to) which you would like to alter (lighten, or stiffen) any spring tensions on, but is not commercially available to do so? (i.e. the FNP-45 has a "heavy" trigger pull I'd like to lighten, but nobody currently offers and aftermarket springs for their pistols) something similar to this situation................any of you have "custom" alterations such as this to make to a weapon, but no available "gunsmith" can/will do it and no available aftermarket replacements??? Tell me what it is/your situation in this thread....

All it takes is a $1.50 file

Top Bottom