• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Always wondered about lock picking. One vendor yesterday showed me how on a typical deadbolt and a padlock. The padlock is the exact same model I have.

Long story short: stupid easy.

I could pick that padlock in 2 seconds in total darkness or blind. Not even funny.
    Deadbolt took a bit longer; perhaps 13 seconds.

This bolsters my decision to never have outside access to my house with a mechanical lock.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I have always been told that a lock keeps a honest man honest. A lock wont stop a thief, just slow him down.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I like how most all new homes are made with front door frames that are designed to be kicked in without much trouble. Who needs to pick a lock when you have a handy foot to use. :):

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I like how most all new homes are made with front door frames that are designed to be kicked in without much trouble. Who needs to pick a lock when you have a handy foot to use. :):

i would love for you to come to my house and try that.it would be a bit commical really. i added some steel plates to about 5 areas of my doors. im more affraid of the studs holding the doors than i am about the frame.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I guess I'm in a minority on security, other than the safety of my better half and I,:draw: the rest is just stuff and what insurance is for. :twocents:

:popcorn:

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Lock picking can be easy on cheep locks. When you get into better locks with security pins of all types in them it is much more difficult. I have made some pics and tensioners and like the challenge.

Top Bottom