• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I bought a used Glock 22 at an auction. It came with just 1 10-round mag, so I ordered 2 15-round Glock mags from CheaperThanDirt. So, am I an idiot, or is there some trick to getting the 15th round in? From the looks of the back of the mag, 14 are double stacking perfectly, but for the life of me I can't get another round in.

...feeling stupid...

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Load 14 and put it in the gun. The extra pressure from the slide pressing down on the 14th round will help break it in. Leave it over night and in the morning muscle the 15th one in.

That's what I did with My G30 mags. They are stiff at first but will break in.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Get as many in as you can. Once that's done, slam the back of the magazine down on a table or other hard surface. You need to get the spring to set within itself.

This is what they teach in the armorers course.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What do you use the unloader for? My unloader is already on the pistol ;)

Makes a loud noise though.

Yeah, I'm not sure why you need an unloader. Even if you didn't unload them in the manufacturer's recommended way ;), it's not like it's hard to unload them. Loading them, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    While we're on the subject... I have a Ruger SP101 and no matter what I do I just can't seem to get the sixth round in.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I never had any problem with my g19 mags. do you have the mag loader that comes with glocks from the factory? I know its about as simple as you can get, but I use mine all the time and it makes loading 15 rounds easy in my g19 mags (both FML and Non-FML)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    A reason to unload:

You are taking a training class, and a portion of it requires that no live ammo be in the classroom. You have one magazine. You have one gun, which you carry. (You're new, and haven't yet learned the wisdom of having a limitless supply of magazines). Ergo, the mag needs to be emptied before you go in to class. I would guess the instructor would probably request you not explosively unload your magazine. ;)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Nope, it didn't come with a loader. But I was able to get 15 in both mags with a little more effort. I just didn't want to jam it too hard in case I had done something wrong.

It's interesting that, because of how tight those 15 rds are, I can feel a noticeable difference in the effort it takes to rack it to chamber the first round.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    To make it easier to rack the slide...

Open the slide first, insert loaded magazine, release slide to chamber a round.

release magazine and insert 1 more round.

That's easier than racking the slide on a fully-loaded mag.

-J-

Top Bottom