• ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Some observations:

.22 ammo in abundance and way too high: Winchester 525 for $65. Federal Auto 325 for $40. Open box of Federal 550 with some rounds missing for $50...etc....too rich for my blood.

Russian SKS refurb, a little beat up but not too bad....$400. Chinese SKS with cruciform bayonet for $375

Saw 2nd Gen PMags 30 rounds for $18.

Used Ruger LC9 (hammer fired) for $350.

MREs for $5 apiece. (picked up a couple of those)

Saw a S&W M&P 15 Sport dressed up in Magpul furniture...$1000 :rolleyes:

Knives galore. Table and tables of Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Taurus, SCCY handguns. Generally too high priced.

One guy had some old pics and items to look at. Neat stuff. Table next to him had some awesome original Henry and Winchester lever actions for display only.

One regular vendor had good prices as usual. 5.56 Federal 20 rounds for $7 and Russian 7.62X39mm 20 rounds for $5. (Got some of each) Plus 2nd Gen PMags for $10 apiece.

Had some good conversations with some of the vendors. One guy was pushing picture frames that could hide a handgun.

All in all, $6 worth of fun.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I swear the guys at the tables with those kinds of prices don't want to sell anything. They just show up to sit around.

Seems like the same guys consistently have good prices.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I swear the guys at the tables with those kinds of prices don't want to sell anything. They just show up to sit around

No kidding. Another vendor had a box of .223 with 20 rounds for $20. "$1 a round?!" I thought..."has the panic returned?"

Seems like the same guys consistently have good prices.

Yup. The guy I bought ammo from today is the same guy I always buy ammo from whether at the National Guard Armory or at the Van. County 4H grounds. Same guy, same decent prices.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the days of "gun shows" are long gone, i remember going to shows and seeing prices that made local gun shops blush!, guns on tables were 50-75 dollars cheaper than guns in glass cases!

at the 4h show ive seen 1400 round bucket of golden bullet is 170.00!,and 500 round bulk packs of gb for 70.00!,hell some idiot is selling(or should i say trying to) a pmr30 for a grand!, and all he does is take it from show to show, trying to get way more than he should!

now i did get a used pmr30 mag for 20.00(15 dollars cheaper than at the lgs) and i got stainless guide rod for my glock 19(25.00)

and the guy who had the open box of 22ammo had 4 or 5 50 round boxes that went with the open box, (it's the same guy i bought the pmr mag from), i know them and they are good guys, the one with the baseball hat on gets m16 bolt carriers and sells them for a great price!, and the guy with the glasses is really friendly!

BUT back in the good old days, i remember seeing sks's for 79.00 at gunshows, and they were 100 at gunshops!, with all the hassle of ffl's now, i doubt you'll ever see gun show prices lower than lgs's(on new guns) and gun shows are still places to go to get some things, like 10.00 pmags, and "quality" chinese made optics

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    the days of "gun shows" are long gone, i remember going to shows and seeing prices that made local gun shops blush!, guns on tables were 50-75 dollars cheaper than guns in glass cases!

at the 4h show ive seen 1400 round bucket of golden bullet is 170.00!,and 500 round bulk packs of gb for 70.00!,hell some idiot is selling(or should i say trying to) a pmr30 for a grand!, and all he does is take it from show to show, trying to get way more than he should!

now i did get a used pmr30 mag for 20.00(15 dollars cheaper than at the lgs) and i got stainless guide rod for my glock 19(25.00)

and the guy who had the open box of 22ammo had 4 or 5 50 round boxes that went with the open box, (it's the same guy i bought the pmr mag from), i know them and they are good guys, the one with the baseball hat on gets m16 bolt carriers and sells them for a great price!, and the guy with the glasses is really friendly!

BUT back in the good old days, i remember seeing sks's for 79.00 at gunshows, and they were 100 at gunshops!, with all the hassle of ffl's now, i doubt you'll ever see gun show prices lower than lgs's(on new guns) and gun shows are still places to go to get some things, like 10.00 pmags, and "quality" chinese made optics

Yup. Used to buy 300 round post war Brit spam can of .303 for $30. Pallets stacked with 7.62X39mm chinese, cheap and plentiful. Wish I'd stocked up. My M98S Mauser was $80 back in '89 when I bought it.

Like you said, gun shows used to be the place to go. Now it's buyer beware.

Top Bottom