Traffic stop turns into man arrested for marijuana, firearms, and over $40k in cash

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yep, just like “drum rolls”. That’s what all the gangsters called drum magazines when I worked at the range. None of them could ever figure out how to load a drum mag, but we had quite a few thugs coming in with them.

I can’t imagine the average thug being able to figure out the glock drop in thingy.
    Pretty sure you can find out how to install them on the interwebz.

Dcamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2021
    Boone county
    My bad, I thought most Indy cities were as communist as Marion County. Glad to hear I'm wrong. Whitestown must not be getting any Soros money.
    Just give it some time. Boone county just wants money but they tend to have higher bail amounts less of a population than Marion still can't believe it's only 1k

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Just give it some time. Boone county just wants money but they tend to have higher bail amounts less of a population than Marion still can't believe it's only 1k
    Unless he has a prior felony, those are probably all misdemeanors?
    I’m assuming the cash was seized as evidence or for forfeiture?
    Mayor Beetlejuice probably won’t comment on this one at all since he was arrested in Chicago.

Dcamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2021
    Boone county
    Unless he has a prior felony, those are probably all misdemeanors?
    I’m assuming the cash was seized as evidence or for forfeiture?
    Mayor Beetlejuice probably won’t comment on this one at all since he was arrested in Chicago.
    The possession is a level 6 but every thing else is misdemeanors

Dcamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2021
    Boone county
    A lot of the Illinois crowd can’t get it through their skulls that Indiana has a different law on weed.
    And OTOH carrying loaded in a vehicle would be a felony in their State.
    A lot of stupid on display here.
    Very true. Sad thing is more than likely he was stopped southbound going to drop off the weed in Indy.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    An Alfa Romeo is not a base level beige Chevy Malibu. Just sayin. Also 80 in a 55 is not 59 in a 55.

A Whitestown Metropolitan Police Department officer pulled over a blue Alfa Romeo on Friday for following too closely and speeding on Interstate 65 NB. While speaking with the driver, later identified as 25-year-old Sheldon Williams of Chicago, the officer said they smelt marijuana odor from the car.

Over an ounce (30 grams) but less than 10 pounds (quite a range there) is a Level 6 felony. Possession of a HANDGUN without a LTCH is a Class A Misdemeanor.

Possession of an automatic weapon (not transfer just possession) is that a crime in Indiana? Federal yes, but Indiana Code?

Williams was taken to the Boone County Jail, where he is being held pending recommended charges of:

• Possession of an Automatic Weapon,
    • Possession and Dealing of Marijuana, and
    • Possession of firearms without a license.

Dcamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2021
    Boone county
    An Alfa Romeo is not a base level beige Chevy Malibu. Just sayin. Also 80 in a 55 is not 59 in a 55.

A Whitestown Metropolitan Police Department officer pulled over a blue Alfa Romeo on Friday for following too closely and speeding on Interstate 65 NB. While speaking with the driver, later identified as 25-year-old Sheldon Williams of Chicago, the officer said they smelt marijuana odor from the car.

Over an ounce (30 grams) but less than 10 pounds (quite a range there) is a Level 6 felony. Possession of a HANDGUN without a LTCH is a Class A Misdemeanor.

Possession of an automatic weapon (not transfer just possession) is that a crime in Indiana? Federal yes, but Indiana Code?

Williams was taken to the Boone County Jail, where he is being held pending recommended charges of:

Well I stand corrected on the southbound . Aren't those fairly expensive cars ? With 40 k cash seems like he might of got off fairly lucky with only 2 lbs ? Doubt he has a job to afford that kind of car and have that kind of cash

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Meh. You can get an Alfa for under 50K. You aren't talking a Lamborghini or Ferrari here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    In Boone county? More than Marion for sure but at the end of the day all Boone cares about is getting that sweet sweet bail and probation money. I can attempt to find out his bail but I'm guessing 5k?

*Edit* I was way off. 1005$ cash.
    No. It was the 40K cash they are interested in. They'll probably go after the car too. Civil forfeiture at its finest.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom