Trading in my P2022 9mm for M&P shield 9mm???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Debating trading in my Sig P2022 9mm for a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. Just getting tired of carrying a "fullsize" handgun. Brother in law and father in law both picked one up for under $400 and they are a nice pistol.

So, should I even debate trading mine in? LOVE my Sig, but I can't afford to keep 2 pistols right now. Too much school debt and other things going on to justify owning 2 handguns that serve me the same purpose.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    You will get approximately 50% in trade of what you paid for the 2022. It all depends on how badly you want to make the deal.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    dont know what you paid, but rural king was selling sig 2022's for 399 around christmas with 2 mags and a holster, and on black friday it included a sig laser/flashlight

good luck, and in my personal experiance, keep the sig, love the triggers on them(as of yesterday i own 5 now)

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    G and r tactical has shields for 330$ with 20$ shipping.

And to be honest, sell the 2022 to someone, and then purchase the shield, you'll get more money out of your sig.

Gun shops have to make a profit, they will give you, generally, 75% of what they will sell it for, used. Depending on where you go.

OMG-ZOMBIES

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    If you love your Sig, I would look at a P938. I have both and love the Sig not so much the Shield. Sig has a sweet trigger, smooth rack and nice night sights. Shield is stiff, rough and feels larger, probably needs at least another 500 rounds through to get it broke in.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have both of those guns. The only time I carry the shield is when I'm in dress slacks with a shirt tucked in, which is once or twice a week. It's in desantis sof tuck holster. Other than that, the sp2022 is on my side. I like the extra capacity and with the right belt and holster it rides nice. I say you should keep the sig

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    If you want to get the shield sell your sig on the classifieds section you will get more money out of it than trading and it will sell quick if it is priced right. I see guns on here I 'm interested in and they are sold in less than a few days if it is a good deal most of the time.

JSpider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm a big fan of the 9mm Shield. Mine has been very reliable and it fits its roll very well for a CC gun. You may later regret selling your Sig but you won't regret buying the Shield!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Debating trading in my Sig P2022 9mm for a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. Just getting tired of carrying a "fullsize" handgun. Brother in law and father in law both picked one up for under $400 and they are a nice pistol.

So, should I even debate trading mine in? LOVE my Sig, but I can't afford to keep 2 pistols right now. Too much school debt and other things going on to justify owning 2 handguns that serve me the same purpose.

It'd be a waste to trade the sig. They sell for little of nothing new, so a store might give you $150 trade in, tops. Sell it locally.

Top Bottom