Today's firearms that will become expensive collectors in years to come?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • debruynda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2020
    Fishers
    I didn't know Hudson went bankrupt. I've been eyeballing the H9.

I bought one and the recoil rod snapped after 750 rounds. Went back to Hudson for repairs, and was claimed as “parts” pursuant their bankruptcy proceedings. They are garbage and a novelty. I can’t say they won’t be worth something in thirty years but if you get one new don’t shoot it or else you may end up with an expensive paper weight.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I bought one and the recoil rod snapped after 750 rounds. Went back to Hudson for repairs, and was claimed as “parts” pursuant their bankruptcy proceedings. They are garbage and a novelty. I can’t say they won’t be worth something in thirty years but if you get one new don’t shoot it or else you may end up with an expensive paper weight.

That's terrible, Debruynda. I have heard stories of people never getting their pistols back from repair. I have only shot my H9 once and put only 50 rounds through it. Not sure I will ever shoot it again. People are already asking upwards of $1000 for these guns on GunBroker. I think it may be worth some coin someday.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

a gunsmith should be able to make you one. Ive had my gunsmith make a part for an old revolver that we could not find a part for it. So he made it for me and installed it for $50.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    a gunsmith should be able to make you one. Ive had my gunsmith make a part for an old revolver that we could not find a part for it. So he made it for me and installed it for $50.

Yeah, that's the difference between a gunSMITH and an armorer. A gunsmith makes parts and fits parts. An armorer simply changes them.

That's why I get peeved when shops advertise a gunsmith and all they can do is turn a wrench.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    One of many guns I should never have sold was a S&W 940. Stainless steel lookalike of the 640 J-frame hammerless, but in 9x19. Came with moon clips, or you could use the rimmed 9mm Federal and put them in Speed Strips. Impossible to find now...

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    I'm older and have more interest in old school stuff...I know there is a huge shift to the "Black" stuff. I look for limited run stuff, or discontinued models. Just sold a Ruger Red label, 28ga, with the gold woodcocks on the receiver. I bought it a couple days after a magazine did an article mentioning they were discontinued. Too bad I didn't do that for a couple Ruger Gold Labels, when they discontinued those. Also picked up a 16 ga Model 1100, back when they did that limited run. About 12 years? back. Mine has nice wood. I guess they have gone up some. I just bought a Benelli Vinci (Sporting Clays)
    version, thinking those were very limited production, and might go up. But maybe not. (Not real pretty) I it doesn't go up, i'll still enjoy shooting that smooth action. I like any clean S & W revolvers, in the less common model numbers, and BBL lengths. Model 34, 14, 63, 17, 18, etc.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Scrolled the pages and didn't see this one listed, but I think Colt AR's will continue rising, especially with them being out of production. Who knows what the price will be like in 5 or so years. It's been less than a year and they're already going up. I'd gamble on them increasing MUCH more.

Also, the Israeli FAL's that were recently built by DS Arms. They may be sold out by now, but those kits won't be around forever and they're quality builds from my understanding.

Another that's been listed a few times in here is the Russian AK's we can no longer import... sadly.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Did they claim your recoil rod, or your gun?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Scrolled the pages and didn't see this one listed, but I think Colt AR's will continue rising, especially with them being out of production. Who knows what the price will be like in 5 or so years. It's been less than a year and they're already going up. I'd gamble on them increasing MUCH more.

Also, the Israeli FAL's that were recently built by DS Arms. They may be sold out by now, but those kits won't be around forever and they're quality builds from my understanding.

Another that's been listed a few times in here is the Russian AK's we can no longer import... sadly.

I have a LE6920FDEC I bought new. Wrapped in a sock and the box put up. 1 of 300 made. Factory carecote desert sand. They were going to South Africa but the State Department denied the export permit, because they were supplying rifles to ISIS. They're not papered by Colt, but the C on the Colt box differentiates it from the normal offerings. Pretty much it doesn't exist.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Always buy the 99% used ANIB Colts and S&W revolvers. Only buy with the original box and paperwork. Might not make money, but you sure won't lose any.

Unaltered Colt ARs, they will be more rare due to aftermarket parts swapping. I kind of see unaltered Bushmasters coming up in the world.

Like everyone else, "commemorative just about everything" guns will be disappointing.

Then again, who saw the Combloc stuff getting pricey? Makarovs, factory built AKs, and Russian capture 98ks.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I have a LE6920FDEC I bought new. Wrapped in a sock and the box put up. 1 of 300 made. Factory carecote desert sand. They were going to South Africa but the State Department denied the export permit, because they were supplying rifles to ISIS. They're not papered by Colt, but the C on the Colt box differentiates it from the normal offerings. Pretty much it doesn't exist.

I've got a Colt LE6920MP-FDELE (Magpul furniture in FDE) that I picked up new about 8 years ago that I'm hoping to see the value go up on. I've shot it very little and kept the box.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Non import marked German Luger's and P38's, with matching numbers. Have been going up for years along with Mauser broom handles. Most other guns that are hard to find now will continue to rise.

Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    I like to invest in whatever is inexpensive surplus is coming in. Like chi com SKS, Tokarev pistols, ect. Although as far as surplus goes eventually it will just be all pistols and part skits. IMO it is a good time to get into building AKs because kits are still relatively affordable.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I can't see them becoming too valuable, but what about the zip 22? Supposedly the gun that put USFA out of business.. https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/USFA_ZiP_.22
    I can't find too much info on them, except they are hated and non working..lol. One source said they only made a few hundred before their license pulled, I find that hard to believe, as you see them a lot more than would be expected if only a few hundred were made.
    Yep, I've got a couple.. not much risk at about a hundred a pop..

I've been thinking of getting a few of those terrible single shots they are making.. https://www.primaryarms.com/altor-corp-9mm-single-shot-pistol

They make them in 9mm and 380, and again, these are about 125 or so each..
    i find them useless but interesting.

Top Bottom