• ...and so much more!
  • gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Here's my ordeal:

Currently I own both a M&P 9c 1.0, and the OG Shield 9. I carry both depending on the situation and occasion and have for the better part of a decade now.

However, I've been throwing around the idea of selling my 9c for a 4" Compact so that I can have better light options, but then I found the Shield Plus.... Now I'm spiraling.

Is it worth it to merge the two into the 4" Shield Plus? I know the M2.0 platform is far superior to the 1.0, but haven't shot the 2.0. It sounds like the Shield Plus is essentially a combination of the original Shield and Compact.

What's everyone's take here? Or are there better options I should be looking at all together?

gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If light is the issue for you, buy a good handheld light.

Then you still have 2 guns instead of 1, and you’ll use it way more than a WML.
    WML >>>>> Handheld

I have a handheld already and the functionality in a defensive situation is terrible comparatively. I'd rather keep 2 hands on my weapon.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Upgrade. Whatever the question is, the answer is always upgrade.

Examples:

grill --> smoker
    Kia Sol --> Tesla
    Olight --> Modlight
    32" TV --> 75" 4K HDR OLED
    Stack on 8 Gun Security Cabinet --> Liberty COLONIAL 50 GRANITE FLAG SAFE

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A few things to think about…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2023
    Central Indiana
    I don’t see why not. Both guns are arguably equally as reliable but the shield plus is obviously going to have higher capacity and a better trigger and possibly be optic ready. I’ve been thinking about getting a shield plus that is ported and optic ready mainly because I like the ergonomics of the pistol. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I already own enough firearms lol. I say upgrade and worst case scenario if you don’t like it you’ll just end up selling to me

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A couple things, IMO. First, you can keep what you have as you're used to it and have hopefully trained with it enough to be good with it. Secondly, if you do decide you want a better trigger and better capacity, look at various different options to see what is best for you. I had the original Shield and can honestly say the Shield Plus OR is a better gun. I love mine. I also have a P365 X Macro, which I like even better. The P365 family has a lot of very nice offerings. A little more expensive is the only downside. There are also comparable guns from Canik, Springfield and others. Renting various guns at the range or at least coonfingering at your LGS would help to decide what you want, if you want to spend money. If you're looking at upgrading a compact or full size handgun, there is a plethora of choices. Same advice though, rent what you can to see if you prefer something else. Heck, I'm sure there are people on the forum who would have no issue meeting you at a local range to shoot various guns. If you feel like driving down to Indy, I'll let you shoot some of mine (bring ammo though)... ;)

Top Bottom