• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    So I picked this up last week from Triple G Guns in Greenville Indiana. If you guys are ever looking for a awesome place to buy guns this is the place. Daryl the owner is super friendly he is a cash or check only business and he gives you the best deal possible.

This is a Tisas 9mm GI 1911. It has a parkerized finish, a lanyard hook on the bottom of the mainspring housing, it has a 9mm ramped barrel. In the case you will find two 9 round magazines, a extra set of grips, a trigger lock, a cleaning rod, a barrel brush and owner's manual. The case is a nice plastic carrying case. The extra set of grips are plastic brown grips that that looks somewhat like the grips from World War II. The grips that are on the gun are wooden grips that look like dark walnut.

The magazines are Mecgar.

The finish is in Gray cerakote.

The insides are 100% series 70 with a wide hammer spur. It has the original type thumbnail sights. The trigger is nice, I can't tell you what it breaks at because I loaned out my trigger pull scale and I haven't gotten it back yet. But it breaks very nice.

20230404_145401.jpg

20230404_145407.jpg

20230404_151055.jpg

I have only ran a magazine through it here at the house to test fire it. It function flawlessly however I'm hoping that this weekend I will be able to put some serious rounds down range out of it. I am looking forward to seeing how it shoots. By all accounts from what I've read across different forums these have been performing very well and people are very happy with them. So we shall see

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There is something to be said about a basic 1911A1, over some of the tarted up models sold by various vendors..

Some of the ones that have come out of Turkey and the Philippines have been good value for what you give for them.

IMG00574.jpg

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    There is something to be said about a basic 1911A1, over some of the tarted up models sold by various vendors..

Some of the ones that have come out of Turkey and the Philippines have been good value for what you give for them.

IMG00574.jpg

That is one of the reasons that I bought it. If I want a 1911 in 9 mm, I have to get one that has all the stuff that I really don't care for on it. Plus I wanted one that was just a plain old GI one. I don't reload or own anything in 45 ACP but I do reload for 9 mm. So it works out

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That is one of the reasons that I bought it. If I want a 1911 in 9 mm, I have to get one that has all the stuff that I really don't care for on it. Plus I wanted one that was just a plain old GI one. I don't reload or own anything in 45 ACP but I do reload for 9 mm. So it works out
    If I didn't have a load of stashed 45, I would probably be in the same boat, going for all 9mm..

Well that and the wife has this crazy 45 acp Deringer that I swear is more menace to yourself then any bad guy... so I have to keep 45 around lol

regulatethis.jpg

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    If I didn't have a load of stashed 45, I would probably be in the same boat, going for all 9mm..

Well that and the wife has this crazy 45 acp Deringer that I swear is more menace to yourself then any bad guy... so I have to keep 45 around lol

regulatethis.jpg

Same here with 9mm..I have a ton of 9mm brass..

Those derringers are sporty in just about any caliber

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Tisas are one of the best going values these days.

From new, I cleaned it, relubed it, and shot 100+ rounds without a hitch.

Good accuracy and great trigger.
    Yep. I've shot close to 300 rounds out of my Carry. I had problems with one brand of ammo, cases were on the long side and would get an occasional FTF. I've been pleasantly surprised with it, considering the cost. That thing makes me look like a better pistol shot then I am.

Top Bottom