• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    So found this rifle today.. I've read about them but this is first time I've ever seen one. Its called the colt c19 up in the great frozen north of Canada. Its a tikka t3 made for arctic patrols. Absolutely fell in love with it. Imported by Beretta 20240224_141709.jpg

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Nice! Those replaced the SMLEs used by the Canadian Rangers. Tough rifle built for a tough job.
    Yea where I first saw these rifles was reading about it as a replacement. Now I wonder what Canada did with those enfields? Hopefully they just let those people keep them

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yea where I first saw these rifles was reading about it as a replacement. Now I wonder what Canada did with those enfields? Hopefully they just let those people keep them
    From my understanding the Enfields were completely worn out. Barrels so worn they were basically smoothbores, stocks trashed, headspace issues, etc. Not sure they'd be worth much more than a source of small parts.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    From my understanding the Enfields were completely worn out. Barrels so worn they were basically smoothbores, stocks trashed, headspace issues, etc. Not sure they'd be worth much more than a source of small parts.
    Shame. Neat piece of history though.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have been shooting with my boss in California, his Tikka in 6.5 puts five rounds in a single ragged hole at 100 yards with his handloads. My best group was a fraction of an inch smaller than his that day so he got to buy the margaritas for lunch.

He has me convinced to build up a one hole rifle, going to do it in 223 though because I don't want to start loading a new caliber. Will go with heavy low drag bullets and see if I can work up something similar and a Tikka will be the starting point next year.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I have been shooting with my boss in California, his Tikka in 6.5 puts five rounds in a single ragged hole at 100 yards with his handloads. My best group was a fraction of an inch smaller than his that day so he got to buy the margaritas for lunch.

He has me convinced to build up a one hole rifle, going to do it in 223 though because I don't want to start loading a new caliber. Will go with heavy low drag bullets and see if I can work up something similar and a Tikka will be the starting point next year.
    I haven't put this rifle on paper yet to see how accurate it is. But I also plan on leaving it iron sights. The only thing thats weird to me is the clamp on front sight over a threaded barrel. Would have been nice if they would have left the threads usable with iron sights

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

This is what mine is capable of when I do my part, these were at 150 yards on a dead calm day. Oh, and those are 5 shot groups.
    SiqLOCx.jpg

Top Bottom