• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This could be interesting now that the White House is apparently involved in the investigation.
    This morning's news stated there were no witnesses.
    One would think that a downtown hotel would have multiple cameras that would have recorded the entire event.
    The reporting on that channel doesn't sound very reliable.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    “Dutch Defense Minister Kajsa Ollongren expressed concern Tuesday about gun violence in the United States in the aftermath of the shooting.”

Guns aren’t violent, why don’t you focus on the real problem minister?
    The Dutch are literal. I would imagine any statement about "gun violence" comes from the fact that one of their soldiers was just murdered, with a gun. I doubt they are trying to make a nuanced jab at the RKBA in the United States.

1661958446186.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Shamar Duncan, 22, of Indianapolis, was arrested on a preliminary charge of murder, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said Tuesday night.

What are the odds on Shamar's rap sheet being substantial? Was he "permitless carrying" legally?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Arrestee apparently got a PPP loan:

Shamar Duncan is a sole proprietorship located in Indianapolis, Indiana that received a Coronavirus-related PPP loan from the SBA of $18,750.00 in May, 2021.

I'm sure he's paid that back, right? Definitely not huge amounts of fraud that took place. If anyone was curious, there were definitely not prisoners claiming to be landlords of other prisoners and getting funds, either.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's always fun knowing the real story in real time vs the media story. Obviously I'm always limited in what I can put out to correct that, but I will say the amount of cooperation in this case has been very very high. Once it's settled or the PC becomes public we can revisit the specifics, but if every murder had this level of cooperation there would be few unsolved crimes and way fewer unfiled solved ones.
    I think enhanced community cooperation along with tougher DA enforcement of the law is the key to combating rampant violence.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think enhanced community cooperation along with tougher DA enforcement of the law is the key to combating rampant violence.

We don't have a DA, but I think everyone agrees that community and prosecutor support are necessary. The trick is how to achieve it. Especially when law enforcement is assaulted and demonized from the far left and far right now and that makes community cooperation even more difficult to attain. Getting federal time on people is a huge benefit to us because they get real penalties and are segregated from the community they victimize for much longer.

Reactions: KG1

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No one has to tell me.

I still have people explaining to me the ins and outs of a matter that they saw on Dateline (which got a large chunk wrong)...which I lived with it day and night for about 10 years.

I've read news stories that were covering a case I was working and didn't even recognize it was my case until getting to the names of those involved.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've read news stories that were covering a case I was working and didn't even recognize it was my case until getting to the names of those involved.
    Different matter- I have a recently concluded case that was all over NWI media when it happened, then when the plaintiff's attorneys called a press conference and spread some pretty shady stuff in the conference and on 3 Chicago TV stations.

Then, when we get summary judgment because there is no evidence of negligence, let alone intentional wrongdoing, as was implied....

Crickets. No one is interested.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Be interesting to see if this gent's PPP loan was "forgiven," like a lot of others?

The link says the loan was not yet paid nor forgiven. They are forgiven if you demonstrate you used them for agreed purposes (primarily employee wages)

So he didn't turn in the follow-up paperwork. Shocking.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Shamar Duncan, 22, of Indianapolis, was arrested on a preliminary charge of murder, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said Tuesday night.

What are the odds on Shamar's rap sheet being substantial? Was he "permitless carrying" legally?

Not much in mycase.gov...

1661972792163.png

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Different matter- I have a recently concluded case that was all over NWI media when it happened, then when the plaintiff's attorneys called a press conference and spread some pretty shady stuff in the conference and on 3 Chicago TV stations.

Then, when we get summary judgment because there is no evidence of negligence, let alone intentional wrongdoing, as was implied....

Crickets. No one is interested.

Not sexy when somebody isn't doing anything naughty. We see it in what they are interested in all the time. Accusations are much more interesting than exculpatory evidence coming to light.

Top Bottom