• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I had one and will share my thoughts with you.

It was a fun gun to shoot. It was very expensive to shoot, even when I could get the ammo @ $20/box plus shipping. It came down to, "what purpose does this gun serve for me?" I wouldn't use it as a defensive weapon...(yes, the Ft. Hood idiot used one...I know, and plenty of people have been killed by .22...) and it became too expensive as a range gun.

If you think a 20 round mag is cool and want to drop a grand on a gun that will be fun at the range and cool to protect your life/loved ones with, get yourself a SIG TacOps P226, it comes with 4 (FOUR) twenty round mags!

If you are looking for something to shoot a cool little round with, get one of those Kel Tec PMR 30s (which uses a 30 round mag, by the way) and shoots .22 magnum...lots of comparisons between the two guns online. It should be a $400 dollar gun, but they are still hard to get, so you can probably score one for about twice as much, still cheaper than the FiveseveN pistol.

Also intriguing is the new(ish) .22 TCM guns from Rock Island. I'd look into those as well.

Unless you have a source for and intend to use surplus 5.7X28 armor - piercing bullets, I'd stay away from it....unless, of course, ya gotta have one and you got an extra $1300 to toss at a plastic gun that shoots expensive ammo.

Sold my PS 90 for virtually the same reasons. By the time all was said and done, I had as much fun shooting my S&W M&P 15/22 for way less money. YMMV...

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Very accurate and flat flight path even at longer pistol ranges and low recoil closer to a .22 than 9mm.

May want to factor in the cost of expensive, scarce ammo that is difficult to reload. Also the focus of a couple seperate ban initiatives both individually and part of other classes of guns.

drussell077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    Livingston
    Yeah its pretty expensive. I saw it on that new show graceland and thought it be cool. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll just get a sig next like i planned on.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    They shoot nice, have low recoil and handle well. Lot of fun to shoot. Ammo is expensive and hard to find, don't know if it can be reloaded or not. A friend has one and he loves it. The ammo availability and cost would be prohibitive for me.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I loved mine, but sold it due to the fixed sights (only buy one with the adjustable ones since the fixed ones are sighted in for the AP rounds and are not dovetailed). Again, expensive to shoot, but it was my Night Stand gun with Elite Ammunition SD ammo. Much better round than the 22mag, and a better pistol compared to the Kel-Tec (check out the bad reviews, granted they were from the first models though) so if this gun would be for anything more than shooting at the range get the FN vs the Kel-Tec. Now if you just like the mag capacity get something like the new CZ P09. I just bought one and holy crap is it amazing.... and comes with 2 19 rounds mags for a 19+1. That is the standard flush mag, not an extended one. It shoots amazingly and is at least half the cost of a Sig.

Top Bottom