• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I am looking to pick up a few starter kits for family members this Christmas. I know that in all likelihood the best bang for the buck is to put together one's own kit but I wondered if the NRA kit was a decent starting point for folks (and I do like to support the NRA whenever possible). Does anyone have thoughts on this kit or another ready made one for around the same price (50-100)?

Thanks
    NRAStore.com - Product Detail

tedk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Costco sells a 3 day one person survival kit. Might want to check it out. Also if you gooogle "survival kits" you can get a wealth of information.

Good luck

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I may just try and track down some good starter lists of item online and then build them for folks if I can swing it time wise.

Building them yourselves allows for everything, including saving money...

The biggest part of building one is realizing what everything is for AND knowing what is in it. How many ppl will get it and throw it in the closet or trunk and think "I'm set now". Building it, lets you figure out what is for what and what you need more of.

Trauma pads (abdominal dressings) are BIG on the list as well as kerlex (bulkee) gauze.

This is a "feel good" kit. It's better than nothing, but not much more than nothing. The quikclot is the "sport" version.... might as well not have it in there, lol. Unless you have serious clotting issues anyway...

You said you were thinking of getting several... For $200 bucks you can build a few killer kits. As suggested look over some of them and decide what you want in it and build them.

It may not be a bad idea to build a small bag like the NRA one and then a 'trauma bag' for putting the rest of your bulky medical stuff.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom