• ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, missed that one. Thanks.

So is it single action only with grip and external safeties like a 1911? Tried to look it up but no articles gave the detail I was looking for. Will have to search for some youtube videos explaining the gun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Pretty much. It's hammer is concealed inside, but mechanically if function akin to a single action. They all have grip safeties but are available with or without thumb safeties.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've actually gone the other way, from striker back to hammer fired. Went from glock 19 to CZ p07 and for right now am happy. I know for sure that a glock 19 will not go off but I just feel safer with a hammer fired gun, even though I know it's in my head. I think next gun I will get is a glock 48 with the striker safety paddle thing and try that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've never liked safeties on any of my guns, hammer or striker. However, there are a lot of striker fired guns that DO have manual safeties if that's an important peace of mind feature.

Also, if there is concern of the trigger getting pressed while holstering it might just mean gaining confidence in a specific holster and/or the grip on the pistol while reholstering :dunno:
    I'm with you. DA/SA with a de-cocker is my preferred

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I plan to take my Berettas out and shoot them next to an XDM10 and a XDM9 Elite both 4.5" Dryfiring the XDM10 vs the XDM9 which has SA's new META trigger, which I thought felt like a huge improvement. In dryfiring a Beretta APX I thought the both XDM triggers were better. The take up on both the 10 and APX had some friction in them up until hitting the wall. The Meta was simply moving the trigger up to the wall. The 10 and APX creep felt stacked while with the META it seemed negligible and crisp. The overtravel seemed about equal on the APX and 10 but lessened on the META and its reset was much more noticable. The APX seemed to have a false click in it.

I admit I don't usually upgrade many parts choosing rather to just "get used to it" right or wrong,

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I shot the Beretta APX compact just as well as the HK VP9SK. Had the hk first and had shot lots of rounds. Both stock triggers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom