• ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    That should read....

Why you shouldn't use a cheap, paddle holster.

Fobus stuff works fine..... But is far from "High Quality" equipment.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah I wouldn't be so quick to lump Fobus stuff into the entire "kydex holster" category as far as quality.

Those tiny little rivets in that soft plastic are bound to give under that kind of torque.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    If this is the video of the guy grabbing the holster and snapping it from the paddle, meh..

In my mind, a big paddle holster like that isn't generally to be used in an environment where a grab is likely. I have a Fobus that I carry my 1911 in, for example, and it is used when I'm at the range, out working in the yard, etc.. not an environment where a grab is likely in the least.

Some of my other holsters are kydex, and you're sure as heck not snapping them with a grab like that..

Fobus stuff is fine for what it's designed to do..

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I have seen this in another thread. The point I want to make is the gun concealed or not shouldn't be your only defense. One should have some kind of training ( Too many to list ) to defend ones person.

If the person in the video had stomped the bridge of the attackers foot and twisted to him, at the same time the attacker would have been off balance long enough for the gun owner to draw and contain the situation.

I think too many gun owners put to much faith in their gun skills. There are many accomplished target shooters, quick draw and trick shooters, who wouldn't make it a day in combat.

The fact that someone who would have the mind to take my gun could get his/her hand on the gun is what would concern me most. Situationally I take steps to insure no one has access to my gun but me. I am paranoid, but I have good reasons to be. < not a joke)

Top Bottom