• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That's what a bunch of people in Chicago are thinking about doing. As things continue to spiral out of control they're coming to the realisation that there's no-one there to help them, so they'd best help themselves. No matter what some idiot law and politician says.

via CBS 2

They are law-abiding citizens in Chicago, but they are so worried about their own safety, they say they might have to break the law.

The last straw was the death of Chicago Police officer Thomas Wortham IV last week.

That has some African-American families in Chicago considering doing something they never would have done before: carry a pistol.

CBS 2's Jim Williams reports he grew up among those families and he's never anything like it.

Many Chicagoans have been upset for some time about violence here, but Wortham's murder has touched a raw nerve in the black community.

Now some want to do more than simply call 911 or march for peace in the streets. They want their own gun.

Mike Robinson, who runs basketball camps, is hearing it.

"I've heard parents in my basketball camps express that very fervently, just over the weekend, that they want the right to protect themselves," Robinson said.

Estella Jernigan, works at a seniors center in Chatham, talked to an older man here who's taking a job for one reason.

"He said he was going to apply for a security guard so he would be armed." Jernigan said. "So he could carry a gun."
    More at the source.

“An unjust law is no law at all.”- St. Augustine

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    African-American families

WTF??? Im getting real tired of this crap. were they American Families or were they African Families??? cause you cant be both. I HATE THE MEDIA!!!! all they had to do was say some FAMILIES. but noooooo they had to put race in the story, and they (libtard media) did it on purpose to "scare all the white folk that the blacks are arming up, so we need gun laws"!!! if your a law abiding citizen and an American, then ill stand side by side with you no matter what you look like in the mirror or how much money you have in the bank!!!

but good for them!! Its good to see some people have had enough from King Daley and they want their city back! Im proud of them!!!

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    And that concerns people like Linda Williams, who believes more guns in the community will make matter worse.

"All the other industrialized nations do not have the gun laws that we have and they don't have nearly the amount of killing and injury we do," she said. "So, no, I don't believe that more guns is better."

Even the pro gun ban folks are admitting the gun laws don't work!!!

Last edited:

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I use to work on the southside of chicago...let me tell you no matter what they say MOST people have guns...either on them or at there homes...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would bet that while the chicago government can't seem to be able to protect the citizens, it will certainly find the time and resources to pursue them relentlessly on firearm charges. :rolleyes:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WTF??? Im getting real tired of this crap. were they American Families or were they African Families??? cause you cant be both. I HATE THE MEDIA!!!! all they had to do was say some FAMILIES. but noooooo they had to put race in the story, and they (libtard media) did it on purpose to "scare all the white folk that the blacks are arming up, so we need gun laws"!!! if your a law abiding citizen and an American, then ill stand side by side with you no matter what you look like in the mirror or how much money you have in the bank!!!

but good for them!! Its good to see some people have had enough from King Daley and they want their city back! Im proud of them!!!

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

AMEN to that RANGER !!!!!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    So, since I do not live in the Republik of Illinois I am not sure. Can a person with a FOID card and whatever else needed, carry a concealed handgun in Chicago?

INGunGuy

Carry, whether open or concealed, is illegal throughout the state of Illinois except for LEO and other similar exemptions.

FOID is just a firearm owner ID. Must have one to purchase any firearm or ammunition in the state of Illinois.

While Indiana certainly falls short on many liberties, there is a reason Illinois is referred to as the PRI.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    This is really not a victory for 2A rights.

It's a subtle victory for gun control.

The libs know that disarming does nothing but promote crime.
    They just want the general public disarmed.
    When liberals see an article like this they see how well their ban is working.
    Most of the people living in that area already do not have guns.
    Those poor folk are just now realizing what the 2nd amendment is all about.
    Too late, though, they are already disarmed and it is illegal to arm themselves at this point.

The next move by the libs will be to take away more freedoms 'to keep this kind of thing from happening'.

I know we cannot ever give up the good fight.
    And I am happy that people are realizing the need for the 2A.
    I just know that there are libs celebrating over this and it makes me mad.:xmad:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Guy was arrested yesterday for leaving threatening messages on The Mayors machine. That's not what the cause needed.

Lets all be careful not to do anything stupid, and give the enemy more fuel.

They are already attempting to use racial tension to their advantage. The last thing we need is a bunch of idiotic white guys spouting of their mouths. They WILL twist your words, and it WILL damage the 2A community.

Top Bottom