• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is the ironic/scare part of the article...
    It is important to stress that the notion this law somehow only applies to “Islamic terrorists” is completely at odds with the fact that federal and state authorities now consider the main terror threat to be from informed American citizens exercising their constitutional rights in opposition to the big government agenda they are being subjected to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    "You loved me as a loser; now you're worried that I just might win. You know the way to stop me - you don't have the discipline..."

I like how they put in the weasel-word clause:

"Effect on freedom of press or speech. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to authorize, require or establish censorship or to limit in any way or infringe upon freedom of the press or of speech as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and no regulation shall be promulgated hereunder having that effect."

They list that despite it limiting freedom of speech.
    Also, their definition of "foreign agent" includes someone belonging to an international political party. So don't go trying to start an American branch of the Canadian Conservative party, else you're a foreign agent!

Are we really going to put up with this sort of infringment until we're at the back of the van with handcuffs on?

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    I never thought i would witness the falling of the American way of life Im only 23 guess it gunna happen in my life time :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No the hell we won't.

Please step into your new ride....
    Chicago%20Police%20Wagon.JPG

We will be taking you to...
    gulag113.jpg

For some YES YOU CAN re-education mister!
    :eek:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I teach and advocate the following:
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I guess in SC I'd have to register or face a 10 year stretch. :xmad:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I never thought i would witness the falling of the American way of life Im only 23 guess it gunna happen in my life time :(

Welcome to the beginning of the end. Actually the beginning of the end started a long time ago. And it is the responsibility of both parties, you cant blame just one. Supporting one corrupt party over another because its less evil is still supporting evil.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    “Every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States … shall register with the Secretary of State.”

Attention INGO: BOLO for these unregistered subversives who conspire to overthrow our government:

Be advised, these men are armed and considered revolutionary.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome to the beginning of the end. Actually the beginning of the end started a long time ago. And it is the responsibility of both parties, you cant blame just one. Supporting one corrupt party over another because its less evil is still supporting evil.

:thumbsup:

Sadly too many people allow themselves to be pulled into the false dichotomies of both R -vs- D & "Conservative" -vs- "Liberal". They then lose all sight of liberty & instead argue over which group gets to tell the other what to do. Too many approach politics (read: important !@#$) as if it were a sporting competition. Pathetic.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think it's a stupid law, but built into the law they defang it, by explicitly stating it can't be used to infringe on speech. Also they make it clear the law only addresses unlawful actions.

Not saying I agree with it, but it's just stupid posturing by politicians.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

– John F. Kennedy

SHHHHH. You can't say that!

This is a sad day indeed. What do we do? I'm sick and tired of this crap piling up and this country getting worse and worse. I do vote at the ballot box, but that isn't enough. We need to do something.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    -suppressing urge to type in all caps-

How in the **** is ANYONE okay with this?? If this isn't an enormous red flag, I don't know what is.

Yes, it is defanged with the sneaky little clause there, but keeping a list of 'subversives'? That's some Nazi sounding s**t right there. Why in the world would they need a list of 'subversives'? Can you think of a single reason why this is necessary, other than making it easier to round people up when they start doing things they know will make people angry?

Looks like I'm going to be spending more of my tax check on ammo then I had originally planned.
    :xmad:

Top Bottom