• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    .gov will do anything to protect that cash cow. Im sure phillip morris was also quite happy about it with them and the .gov keeping the monopoly going.

E-cigs are next. they are already working on it.
    Laws they pass are not to protect you, but are to protect them and their cronies. Any law that goes beyond the protection of liberty has a nefarious motive behind it somewhere.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The more I read of the news and stories like this the more I wonder how long it will be fore before people say ENOUGH! Did anyone else notice the dissent in the Obamacare decision equated the individual mandate "tax" to the tea tax back in the late 1700s? Almost like they were saying they saw the issue there too. One of these days Americans are going to be fed up and it's going to get messy!

(Note, I am in no way shape or form trying to instigate anything, just saying that if things keep going it's going to get to that point.)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is called Pork. This is why we need Line Item Veto for the President to use.

There are likely more Pork added to the Transportation Bill. This way, if a Good Guy votes No on the Bill because of all the bad pork, the Good Guy is looked upon buy the public as a bad guy.

The Politicians know what they are doing and how to do.

On the surface it seems nice, but that presumes that it would be used properly for the intended purpose. Could you imagine what a warped tool that could be in hands like Obama's? It would give him even more leverage in his shameless cronyism!

YJBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Outside the Loop
    I'm sorry bro. That sucks if you lose your job.

The nanny state claims more victims under the guise of helping the general public. Cuz you know, guys who roll their own cigs would have no freakin clue it would cause cancer if it's not stated on their pack.

Perhaps you should run for congress if you lose your job. Start campaigning and put at least 1 politician put of a job!

Remember, it has nothing to do with cancer, its the taxes...

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Sorry to hear about your job. I was just informed by my employer that I am required to disclose to them by order of the Department of the Treasury, if I have my direct deposit forwarded to a financial institution outside of the US. I have cheerfully refused to comply. It's none of their damn business what I do with my money once I have been paid and have paid the taxes on that money. This may cost me my job as well, but I will still not comply. I treasure my privacy and it is very disturbing to me that the government continues to infringe upon our rights and privacy. They do it in small steps so that it will not alarm the average citizen. And I am getting tired of hearing the mindless sheep that surrounds us when they say, "Well, if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear." The government is out of control. (I would say "Our Government", but it hasn't been ours for quite some time.)

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully you can find something else quickly. I am not a smoker, but I do support someones freedom to smoke if they choose to in private settings. I also do not support taxing items more, under the guise of protecting the "innocent".

A line item veto is a band-aid to the real problem. Portions of bills that have nothing to do with the subject are the problem. 2000+ page bills are the problem. The contents of a bill should only pertain to the topic being covered.

It is lazy for politicians to say that they do not have the time to deal with issues on a individual basis. If they did that they would have to spend more time on the real issues. Like the budget and less time on finding ways to insert special projects unrelated bills.

Top Bottom