• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think it's worth bearing in mind that the OP's wife wasn't even OC'ing. She was stopped and questioned on the basis of a t-shirt.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thjis is exactly right, the kids, of Sam Walton, have just about ruines Wal-Mart..... The reason I shop there, is Target, is owned by the FRENCH, and Does NOT support the TROOPS..... since I was a troop, I choose to shop at Wal-Mart.....

Nope not french owned, and if memory serves me correct the retired owner of Target was good friends with Sam Walton when he was alive.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Nope not french owned, and if memory serves me correct the retired owner of Target was good friends with Sam Walton when he was alive.

It was either the owner of Meijer or Target. That piece of useless knowledge is in the introductory sermons when you hire into Walmart. I didn't pay attention and I didn't stick around long. :D

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Exactly.

Targets CORPORATE POLICY is the same as bestbuy, cabelas, basspro, gander mountain, startbucks ect. ect.

Target allows people shopping in their stores to carry in accordance with state laws, which in Indiana includes open carry.

I thought Wal-mart's corporate policy was the same, as well. I know sometimes people still get hassled, but that's ignorance on the employees part.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I thought Wal-mart's corporate policy was the same, as well.

Negative. Walmart corporate policy is to leave it to the store managers. Which, IMO is worse than allowing it or banning it. They refuse to take a stand.

It's also why when you go in the day shift manager may allow it, the night shift may not and the swing shifts are all over the place.

Like I've said before, if stores like Target, Bestbuy and Starbucks allow open carry by corporate policy why can't walmart?

FWIW you'll find more American made products in Target now than walmart too.

Walmart can suck it!

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Places that have policies against OCing or Concealed, should have to guarantee your safety. IE if something does happen, then they would be held responsible for anything that happened from your car, to the store, and back into your car.

If they aren't willing to guarantee your safety, they shouldn't ask you to forfeit it. Now this aside. I think we ingunowners keep track of what places demand you forfeit your rights (or even have employees who harass you with as little as a smug look) and put it on the front of our site. Not to punish them, but to know where our American rights are not honored. I'd rather drive an extra ten or fifteen minutes to go somewhere that won't harass me, than leave my 1911 in the car, where it does no good at all.

We have to stick together, or this trend where we keep losing rights will just keep rolling forward.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    My wife still goes to Walmart once in a great while but I flat out refuse to shop there anymore. Yeah, their prices are pretty good but a lot (not all) of the clientele really suck to be around. I can't think of anything that I need that I can't get somewhere else. :noway:

Top Bottom