• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    2 million after takes would be a little over 1 million and that doesn't go that far these days. A house and a trip to Disney for 9 would just about burn that all up.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    2 chicks at the same time.

lawrence.jpg

:):

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Plymouth man wins $2 million jackpot - wsbt.com

Lucky guy, wonder if he is related to me? :D

I know him (oldest brother was married to his half sister years back). He has a bunch of kids (him/wife/kids live in an apartment), a crazy ex wife, his dad died not all that long ago and his family didn't ever have much money. He was a good Marine. Pretty decent guy especially after his time in the Marines.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I know him (oldest brother was married to his half sister years back). He has a bunch of kids (him/wife/kids live in an apartment), a crazy ex wife, his dad died not all that long ago and his family didn't ever have much money. He was a good Marine. Pretty decent guy especially after his time in the Marines.

Good to know it went to someone that needed it

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Lucky guy. That's enough money to pay off any mortgages, car loans, etc. and still have plenty left over. You probably couldn't retire, but it would sure make things a whole lot more fun!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Lucky guy. That's enough money to pay off any mortgages, car loans, etc. and still have plenty left over. You probably couldn't retire, but it would sure make things a whole lot more fun!

Exactly.

If I won 2 million, we (my immediate family) would be set for life as long as we (kids included after they finished college) kept a steady job.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If I would have won, it would be 20-50 acre property, house, some full auto toys, a new truck, and part time work for as long as possible.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

I certainly hope that he's of a mind to A) get himself even more squared away and B) not end up the same in a few years. Go buy him the book "Financial Peace University" and give it to him. (Not saying he is, but if you're bad at money...you're bad at money no matter if you have $0 bank balance or $1.45Mil bank balance)

I'd buy at least 50-100 acres of land.

I dream of this, too

Exactly.

If I won 2 million, we (my immediate family) would be set for life as long as we (kids included after they finished college) kept a steady job.

Pretty much. 2 million wouldn't be enough to "never work again", especially at our relatively young ages. ONE of us would continue to work, though, mainly for the health insurance

If I would have won, it would be 20-50 acre property, house, some full auto toys, a new truck, and part time work for as long as possible.

I'd just pay off our car note, the house note, work on REALLY fixing up the house, work on making another kid or two (hubba hubba!), MAYBE buy a MP5SD, reloading gear, then get up & go back to work on Monday.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The thing I think is funny is people in the comments are saying he deserved it because he has seven kids. Last time I checked having kids is something you control.

I mean don't get me wrong, I would much rather see someone down on their luck win than someone with a bunch of cash already.

What I would do is not much other than pay off the house and my wives college loans. No other debt really. 2 million is a ton of $$ for sure but after taxes its not a life altering amount in that you are living a whole different life. I would buy something fun like an Ed Brown and save the rest of my kids college and our retirement.

Top Bottom