• Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Lincoln logs were the stuff as a kid!

lincoln-logs-commeremorative-edition-original-classic-retro-toy-set-md.jpg

My father-in-law gave my son his old lincoln logs and my son plays with them for hours at a time!:yesway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Last paddling in school was in 1972 when I was 10yo. I got the whacks for not finishing my homework. That same teacher used to play his banjo and guitar and sing to us in the mornings. After that he would read bible stories to us.

I used to get 0.25 a week allowances but that stopped when I started working 2 or 3 hours an evening, seven days a week helping our neighbor milk cows. Got paid a buck a week. I was 11yo then.

Bucky

:fogey:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It must be human nature to cry about how much easier those who come after you have it. You know, I cut in line when I'm a senior because they did it to me. The old soldiers in the military who cry about how terrible it was when they were privates and they wish they could treat you the way they were treated. People who complain to their children about how they have it too easy compared to when they were their age, etc. I guess progress be darned. I've always hated that mentality and refuse to be that way myself.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well my Dad and lived smack dab in the middle of the depression. It WAS pretty tough. Though, he never complained about anything. He DID used to kid that they were so poor they would take their hands and thumb like the hitchhiking/thumbs up, and he said we'd sit on our hands because we were too poor for chairs. :) A little kid (such as I) would BELIEVE that, too! :)

Top Bottom