• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @T-DOGG and myself were talking about the P320 Armory Craft aluminum and brass base pads and their inability to be fully secured on the floor plate.

The tab on the factory floor plate is intended to "lock" into a ledge and keep the base pad from moving. The Armory Craft base pads do not have this ledge and, with enough force, the AC base pad can be pushed off. We saw this as an opportunity for an inadvertently dropped magazine to disassemble itself.

It appears that Sig has multiple floor plate with varying tab heights.

A call with Armory Craft revealed that they have a 3D printed floor plate (not listed on website) with an extended height locking tab (see picture below - factory tab on right/AC on left). This seems to fix the problem. Best part is the new floor plates were free. I can't say that they are always free, as I bought my base pads very recently BUT - if you have this issue; AC has a solution available.

1672829475311.png

ba03a136c6b673a92a44d1341164f4b6.jpg

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Same here. Solid shooters. The SP2022 is the Sig gateway drug. One of my first Sigs was a SP2340 in .357sig a loonngg time ago. I'm always on the look out for a 'value priced' SP2022 9mm in FDE.
    the one at the pshop was what i guess was fde (a lil too metalic for my tastel). it was priced at $400, marked down from $490.

i liked the price just not the color. the salesguy said it was marked down because it was filthy. which it was.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    the one at the pshop was what i guess was fde (a lil too metalic for my tastel). it was priced at $400, marked down from $490.

i liked the price just not the color. the salesguy said it was marked down because it was filthy. which it was.

What shop was that one at?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Something must be going on. I only see pistols with one mag, if they are used, or the super new models.
    I’ve seen a lot of “budget friendly” firearms like that, the lure you in with a low price and make you buy the cheapest xtra stuff later, like a second mag and mag loader.

Ruger Taurus, smith, have all done that, one mag instead of two can drop the msrp

Top Bottom