Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Had eggs, bread ( for toast ) & jelly, skillet, V8 all ready to fix breakfast at about 10:30, 10:45. Then not eat again until evening. 11:00 wife says she has steak ready for me to grill along with everything else for a big lunch…at 11:30 she wanted to eat. I put all my stuff away except ate 1 piece of toast. Now she is eating something else and getting her lunch over telling me to wait to grill for evening. So I can’t get by on 1 piece of toast for another 6-7 hours. What to do ? Get eggs, etc back out and now an hour later cook originally planned breakfast ? Or just snack all afternoon ?
    I usually have a similar problem. I'll make a big lunch only to have Susan say she's not really hungry and that she'll heat it up later. I rarely bother making her breakfast but when I do it's usually just a piece of an omelet. I usually eat breakfast by 6 and she doesn't get up until 8:30 or later. By the time she's done with her coffee, I'm ready for lunch.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Put a clean shine coat on the wood floor. Caught the dog trying to walk on it and gave him a firm NO.
    Had to spend about 10 minutes sitting with him letting him know I was sorry for yelling at him.
    He’s no lab like I used to have.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got 2 eggs - rather than norm of 3 - back out and fried 2 eggs plus another piece of toast and fixed a cup of decaf ( have gotten down to 2 cups a day and had them consumed earlier but eggs without coffee is illegal in IN I believe so….
    I can't eat anything with my coffee. I don't know why, but I always have coffee first, then breakfast. Kinda the same with beer. I can't really drink beer with food. It's an either/or kinda thing. Once I eat, I'm done drinking.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    1550A96B-887A-4926-8CEB-55CA8334EEA7.jpeg

9C4BCE67-A24E-43F5-865E-785A1D9037E3.png

Here is our current conditions. Wife walks in, I’m in office roomer. Says going out on pontoon. I ask if she hears thunder. Yes she does. I grab iPad, dial up radar, show her. Ahhh, I‘m going to go. And she is leaving.I was on a tractor struck by lightning in ‘75 ( no cab ) and the storm was 25 miles away. People do not understand how Mother Nature works. She is 72, been on the water since born. Go figure. Plus she had to untarp boat, needs to retarp after returning. i cannot see her anymore .
    If

4E9CFEAC-F79A-4BB1-A5D2-12544A2107F4.png
    Dot is home.

Scan shot not far enough out.Basically storm with lightening is building within 15-20 miles of home is no time to launch a cruise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Need to run up to Kroger. Going to find some pre-made sausage gravy to have with the sausage balls in the morning. They need something and I don't feel like making a whole batch just for them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Howdy DD, Greg, Lpherr. No grilling here. it's raining really hard still. May need a pontoon boat here if this keeps up.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    OK sky is blue as in storms, sun still shining, loud thunder, but her she comes towards home. Couldnt have been worth it to me. But her ? So won’t mention the subject as she is pulling up as I type. She is still alive. But think I will sit here and just watch her retarp.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom