Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Glad Susan got out of the house for awhile yesterday and got the boys' suits and Amie's outfit for the funeral. Just little things, but it did her mood a world of good and it checked a couple things off her "list". She's been feeling overwhelmed with everything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got my monthly doctor appointment at 9 this morning, then doing the grocery shopping on the way home. I'm off today, but I sent an email to the team to let them know that I'll be logged in (but appearing offline) if they need me for anything. All three of us that do what I do are out today.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Got my monthly doctor appointment at 9 this morning, then doing the grocery shopping on the way home. I'm off today, but I sent an email to the team to let them know that I'll be logged in (but appearing offline) if they need me for anything. All three of us that do what I do are out today.
    Should they let you all off at the same time?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well that's good. The wife always told me we had to get out and go from time to time.
    Yep. She's just been "frozen" for the past week and a half. I told her that she just needs to take things one step at a time. I do my best to take care of the boys' needs here at home so she doesn't have to worry about that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Should they let you all off at the same time?
    Well, today is my regularly scheduled day off. My team mate is up in South Bend helping to move his mom into a new place, and our team lead requested the time off. There's not a lot of stuff going on right now, so everything should be fine. The main thing I might have to do is "approve" code changes to get them migrated to our test environment. We're the only 3 set up to do that. That only takes a minute though, so that's no biggie.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yep. She's just been "frozen" for the past week and a half. I told her that she just needs to take things one step at a time. I do my best to take care of the boys' needs here at home so she doesn't have to worry about that.
    DO you think making her help take care of the boys would help her? Force her to be doing stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DO you think making her help take care of the boys would help her? Force her to be doing stuff.
    Well, with her physical condition, that is a lot to ask of her. When she got home from shopping yesterday, she nearly fell. I walked in to find her standing in the doorway from the family room to the kitchen bracing her self. I had to help her to her chair. Her body just "gives out" from time to time like that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She gave them their bath last night. I do let her handle that, but I handle feeding them and trying to keep them reined in. I will say that they were very good for me while she was gone yesterday, which was good since I was working.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds complicated and you know the situation best.
    It is. And it doesn't look like their father is going to be stepping up. After his no call, no show last weekend, he told Susan that he would try and get down here by this weekend, but so far, nada. I don't think we can count on that. :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our trash didn't get picked up yesterday. I checked the city website and Columbus Day was not a "trash holiday". I called the mayor's action center around noon and they confirmed that it wasn't a holiday and said, "Well, they have until 6 p.m. to pick up." I told the lady that they normally pick up no later than 8 or 8:30 a.m.. Everyone on the street also thought it was a regular pickup day since all the cans were out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They come on Tuesday mornings here, usually 9ish. This week it was in the afternoon sometime. Not sure why since I saw them out picking up on Monday.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just had a bowl of cereal this morning. It is some of that fancy Kashi stuff, the seems to be popcorn based...
    I won't get that again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom