mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Slept in a bit this morning. Made banana muffins, harvested marigold seeds for next year, picked a few straggler tomatoes that were in the garden...puttered around outside, etc. this morning. Went over to the daughter's and hubby helped with the deck project while I played with Cole. Daughter left for work so I was keeping him busy while the guys worked. We went for a drive thru the woods and checked on things out there. Hubby cleared the path this morning of downed trees.

I have a pot of chili on the stove now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Greg

It is a gorgeous day. We are having Cole less on the weekends now that racing season is done and dad is no longer working at the track. It is kind of nice having more "us" time, but I'm glad I got to go play with him for a bit today.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's been a pretty good day. I have so many things I need to do in the yard but it will get done before we have snow I guess.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Cole likes picking things up and putting them into containers so I feel like he might be a good helper for picking up sticks and things.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cole likes picking things up and putting them into containers so I feel like he might be a good helper for picking up sticks and things.
    The boys went around the back yard with me last night picking up sticks and carrying them to the firepit. Last night before bed, they had a ton of toys out on the floor in their room and when we told them to pick everything up and put it away, they did it without argument.

I know it's too early to declare victory yet, but honestly, things have been going better than I expected. I think I posted last night that they're behaving better here because they're not surrounded by chaos. I think there's a lot to be said for kids needing and wanting structure in their lives.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom