Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Evening folks had a rather interesting day. Went to do a site survey for a cellular backup system. Turns out it was in a large warehouse. I had to run tests in the server room and from the roof. Note I hate heights. The instructions told to run all tests for each cellular vendor before switching sim cards for the next vendor. I looked at the ladder leading to the roof and just hated it but I forced myself to make the climb. I decided that I would run the rest of the test for the roof location in one swoop. This is where the problems begin. I climbed the short ladder to get to the roof of the small office inside the warehouse and from there I would climb up into the tube to get to the roof. Couldn't do it. I reached for the rung of the ladder and my brain said nope. I listened to my brain. The people I work for weren't happy but ya know that's too bad. I value my well being more than making a few bucks.
    I've never been super scared of heights, but I find as the older I get, it seems like I'm getting more creeped out about it. I used to go cliff diving as a kid and didn't give it much thought, but now, there are videos I can watch on youtube of people being up high on the edge of a cliff or something and my toes curl involuntarily. I think it comes from the increasing realization that I'm not invincible. :):

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I've never been super scared of heights, but I find as the older I get, it seems like I'm getting more creeped out about it. I used to go cliff diving as a kid and didn't give it much thought, but now, there are videos I can watch on youtube of people being up high on the edge of a cliff or something and my toes curl involuntarily. I think it comes from the increasing realization that I'm not invincible. :):
    I did some pretty risky stuff when younger but like you said age has taught me that I break easily.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom