The "Official" Status update thread #202 Its summer time summer time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had watermelon and energy bites...my usual breakfast. I need to make more energy bites this weekend.

I picked up 20 pounds of blueberries at the farm when I was at my parents' last weekend so most of those went into the freezer. That was my summer job...picking berries...every summer as a kid. I think I finally quit at about 19 or 20 when I got my first full time office job.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    mom, did you blanch them or anything or just put them in bags and freeze?

I just bag them up and freeze them. I've been doing it for years. I usually use them in cake and don't thaw before baking. They bust apart easily since they are dry when I freeze them...just coat them with about a half cup of flour and fold them into the batter. I have a good recipe if you ever want it.

For pancakes, I just pull the bag out of the freezer and sprinkle a few onto the batter on the griddle. They thaw as they cook and are perfect when the pancake is done.

Good in muffins, smoothies, etc.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just bag them up and freeze them. I've been doing it for years. I usually use them in cake and don't thaw before baking. They bust apart easily since they are dry when I freeze them...just coat them with about a half cup of flour and fold them into the batter. I have a good recipe if you ever want it.

For pancakes, I just pull the bag out of the freezer and sprinkle a few onto the batter on the griddle. They thaw as they cook and are perfect when the pancake is done.

Good in muffins, smoothies, etc.
    I have bought frozen ones in the grocery and used them for pancakes and in my oatmeal. They seem to have a little juice on them, that was why i wondered if they had been blanched.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom