• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    They are updating the gate entry to fancy new Plastic access cards. The new fancy cards will be mailed when it goes operational. Until then, keep using the current access code.
    If you don't get the newsletter, go the website and sign up. It was explained in Dec's.
    That actually dawned on me right after I posted that. I also seem to remember someone talking about the badge thing.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    And that begs the question "why"?

The 1911 single action trigger is what most weapons strive for. Stryker versus single action is one of the main points dividing SSP from ESP. The third party manufacturers are making triggers for the striker fired weapons like XD's and probably others that with a little customizing are almost as good as 1911 single action trigger.

Do they have a thumb safety or other safety other than a grip safety? If not should they be legal?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The 1911 single action trigger is what most weapons strive for. Stryker versus single action is one of the main points dividing SSP from ESP. The third party manufacturers are making triggers for the striker fired weapons like XD's and probably others that with a little customizing are almost as good as 1911 single action trigger.

Do they have a thumb safety or other safety other than a grip safety? If not should they be legal?

I think all guns made, except for Glock, should have multiple safeties like a grip safety a thumb safety and magazine safety a middle finger safety a pinky finger safety a night sight safety a trigger finger safety and a support hand safety! Can't be too safe!! Glocks are fine just the way they are.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    I think all guns made, except for Glock, should have multiple safeties like a grip safety a thumb safety and magazine safety a middle finger safety a pinky finger safety a night sight safety a trigger finger safety and a support hand safety! Can't be too safe!! Glocks are fine just the way they are.

I believe a single action weapon that is holstered "cocked" has to be "Locked" with an additional safety IDPA or USPSA rules.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Is this a safe glock?

Even Glocks have too many safeties.

Glock17_With_Cable_Lock.jpg

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The third party manufacturers are making triggers for the striker fired weapons like XD's and probably others that with a little customizing are almost as good as 1911 single action trigger.

Reminds me. We need to keep after trigger calls, particularly with all the plastics now capable of 2 lb ish triggers (and Mike doing his own work).

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

I removed all those from my Ruger. Will that get me killed at an IDPA match? ;)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So, you know it's been a while since you've practiced when after rummaging through the safe for a while to find your timer, you find it and then have to take several more minutes trying to remember how to turn it on.

That's as far as I've got for Saturday, but it's a start. Looks like the real test will be whether I'm too cheap or not to load a bunch of plated since I'm out of lead.

I do have a ton of 9 loaded with lead, so I guess I could shoot in a bottom feeder division, but who wants to do that........uh, nevermind:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Email for this Saturday's match- prizes and everything!

Due to the weather on Jan 3, the Red Brush Board was kind enough to allow us to reschedule our match for this Saturday, Jan 17. Changing match day due to weather will not be the norm. As it turned out, the weather for Saturday is forecast to be once of the nicest days we have had in several weeks. There will be 6 stages and require around 100 rounds. As always, we recommend bringing some extra ammo in case of a reshoot. Setup will begin at 7, new shooters meeting at 9:30 and match starts at 10. Tim Lacheta has a special stage designed for the house using our Attack Target. We will have a nice new range bag for our door prize and a torque wrench for our best stage prize. New shooters are always welcome, so bring someone with you. Hope to see you Saturday.

Top Bottom