0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yes.

Or something else.

But probably oal.

I hope.

I just want to shoot.

It is stuff like this that makes me think of glocks (even though Mark's glock broke at the Indiana state match).
    Kinda depends on bullet profile, but my CZ doesn't like super long rounds. Euro guns are known for their short leade, course you can always get the chamber reamed I suppose.

Good reads from Wobbly

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Kinda depends on bullet profile, but my CZ doesn't like super long rounds. Euro guns are known for their short leade, course you can always get the chamber reamed I suppose.

Good reads from Wobbly

Old people are supposed to gripe about all changes and are not supposed to be forced to learn new things.

Anyway, am hoping that the problem I've got is that I tried to follow instructions. Loading at 1.135 (from plunk test & etc per your link & similar web info) , best I can figure is that this does not jive with my ogive so I'm going to 1.150 & see what happens.

I have a particular talent for picking bullet shapes that cause issues.

Anybody else going to USPSA at Owensboro Saturday ? Am thinking it might be a smaller than normal crowd because there is a State match in Lexington.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Old people are supposed to gripe about all changes and are not supposed to be forced to learn new things.

Anyway, am hoping that the problem I've got is that I tried to follow instructions. Loading at 1.135 (from plunk test & etc per your link & similar web info) , best I can figure is that this does not jive with my ogive so I'm going to 1.150 & see what happens.

I have a particular talent for picking bullet shapes that cause issues.

Anybody else going to USPSA at Owensboro Saturday ? Am thinking it might be a smaller than normal crowd because there is a State match in Lexington.

I'd love to join you al but we are headed to Louisville. I will be thinking of you all while I am enjoying Olive Garden's Never-ending Pasta Bowl, though :D

I'd bet the bullet profile or the length/size has something to do with it. I'll be more than happy to take that CZ off your hands in trade for the $5 winning scratch-off ticket I have. Don't think too long, this sort of deal won't last forever!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'd bet the bullet profile or the length/size has something to do with it. I'll be more than happy to take that CZ off your hands in trade for the $5 winning scratch-off ticket I have. Don't think too long, this sort of deal won't last forever!

So far:
    Took it to a USPSA match, had brain farts otherwise accuracy was as good as I've ever shot.
    Took it to IDPA classifier, best score I've ever shot.
    Took it to IDPA match, ftf's & brain farts but accuracy was great (when I didn't screw up).
    Took it to 2nd USPSA match. First ever match with no Mikes, first time I ever cleaned the plate rack at a match, 2nd time I ever shot the polish plate rack and I cleaned that thing.

I can't reload during the match and can't figure out how to make ammo that it likes, but I've never been this impressed with a gun.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So far:
    Took it to a USPSA match, had brain farts otherwise accuracy was as good as I've ever shot.
    Took it to IDPA classifier, best score I've ever shot.
    Took it to IDPA match, ftf's & brain farts but accuracy was great (when I didn't screw up).
    Took it to 2nd USPSA match. First ever match with no Mikes, first time I ever cleaned the plate rack at a match, 2nd time I ever shot the polish plate rack and I cleaned that thing.

I can't reload during the match and can't figure out how to make ammo that it likes, but I've never been this impressed with a gun.

I'm impressed with the gun and I' haven't shot it! Just for the sake of argument what bullet weights and profiles have you loaded up? Do you have any 124 grain round nose? or even 115? maybe go back and start as simple as possible and see if maybe it does prefer a lighter-weight or more hardball-like bullet.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just for the sake of argument what bullet weights and profiles have you loaded up? Do you have any 124 grain round nose? or even 115? maybe go back and start as simple as possible and see if maybe it does prefer a lighter-weight or more hardball-like bullet.

All good questions, for somebody that did not already buy massive quantities of 147's .

It seemed like a good idea at the time :) .

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That might be the fixer right there... pick up some 124 and see what happens!

Tried stretching oal from 1.135 to 1.15 , loaded & shot 200, so far so good.

Owensboro match looks good, Texas star & another 21 steel targets here and there.

Somebody mentioned that you can make one of the plates on the star a no shoot if you want to make things a bit more persnickety, might run it by Brad for the RB outlaw match.

For some reason I'm really high on the plates that just sit on a stand. Very flexible for course designs, fool proof & hassle free for set up, no calibration issues, fun to shoot because they react more than anything else, and something for the spectators to watch.
    The fact is that I am easily entertained I think.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Tried stretching oal from 1.135 to 1.15 , loaded & shot 200, so far so good.

Owensboro match looks good, Texas star & another 21 steel targets here and there.

Somebody mentioned that you can make one of the plates on the star a no shoot if you want to make things a bit more persnickety, might run it by Brad for the RB outlaw match.

For some reason I'm really high on the plates that just sit on a stand. Very flexible for course designs, fool proof & hassle free for set up, no calibration issues, fun to shoot because they react more than anything else, and something for the spectators to watch.
    The fact is that I am easily entertained I think.

No, I'm with you on those types of 'reaction' targets. I like to keep things as simple as possible. those types of targets, like a paper target, aren't finicky or in constant need of calibration. I'm a big fan of the KISS method..not the spitting fire Gene Simmon's Rock N Roll All Night sort..the keeping it simple sort!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody have a stage they always wanted to see ?

I think I'm doing bay 2 for the outlaw match in a couple weeks at RB.

Will probably do something fast and furious for the left side of bay 2, maybe something like 9 targets at 10 yards & just let the dog eat. Hmmm, if you spaced the targets 1 yard a part & did it tactical sequence it could be a nice transition exercise. Could add Tee shirts to the targets just because.

Need to think of something a bit more intricate for the other side of the bay. Since it is an outlaw match the gloves are off.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Anybody have a stage they always wanted to see ?

I think I'm doing bay 2 for the outlaw match in a couple weeks at RB.

Will probably do something fast and furious for the left side of bay 2, maybe something like 9 targets at 10 yards & just let the dog eat. Hmmm, if you spaced the targets 1 yard a part & did it tactical sequence it could be a nice transition exercise. Could add Tee shirts to the targets just because.

Need to think of something a bit more intricate for the other side of the bay. Since it is an outlaw match the gloves are off.

I've thought about this and if you could put together a stage that would be similar to what somebody might actually see at a Lewisport USPSA match that would be pretty cool. Otherwise as long as the Texas Star comes out and there are lots of targets I'd say that would be a win!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've thought about this and if you could put together a stage that would be similar to what somebody might actually see at a Lewisport USPSA match that would be pretty cool. Otherwise as long as the Texas Star comes out and there are lots of targets I'd say that would be a win!

He who must be obeyed is planning to go nuts with steel on one stage, the star will be there. I like the Uspsa idea, I think if I kept the round count down to 22 then that would still be ok for 1911 people who only have two mag carriers ? Usually do not see any revolver shooters.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    He who must be obeyed is planning to go nuts with steel on one stage, the star will be there. I like the Uspsa idea, I think if I kept the round count down to 22 then that would still be ok for 1911 people who only have two mag carriers ? Usually do not see any revolver shooters.

I think that would work and before the match we can post pretty heavily here and on that Facebook page about it being a wildcat/outlaw match and to bring plenty of ammo and magazines so people can be prepared for it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think that would work and before the match we can post pretty heavily here and on that Facebook page about it being a wildcat/outlaw match and to bring plenty of ammo and magazines so people can be prepared for it.

Bay 2 is now match director approved. 20 rounds left side & 22 rounds right side :) .
    Does the RB Facebook page work for you ? I got the email but when I click on the link I get some folderall about it being invitation only.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Bay 2 is now match director approved. 20 rounds left side & 22 rounds right side :) .
    Does the RB Facebook page work for you ? I got the email but when I click on the link I get some folderall about it being invitation only.

I didn't know there was an RB Facebook page... is that the Indiana Defensive Pistol Association one you are talking about or a different one? I still can't get my new email address into the RB IDPA database so I'm always on the outside looking in LOL

I'm so tempted to run some CDP/.45 next few matches. Currently try to stock up on all things reloading and 9mm related..power/primer/bullets sort of thing. With election year fast approaching I can see the rhetoric really heating up!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I didn't know there was an RB Facebook page... is that the Indiana Defensive Pistol Association one you are talking about or a different one? I still can't get my new email address into the RB IDPA database so I'm always on the outside looking in LOL

I'm so tempted to run some CDP/.45 next few matches. Currently try to stock up on all things reloading and 9mm related..power/primer/bullets sort of thing. With election year fast approaching I can see the rhetoric really heating up!

Never got an email here about a RB FB page. I'd say it's a scammer trying to steal all your bullet passwords.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Never got an email here about a RB FB page. I'd say it's a scammer trying to steal all your bullet passwords.

My theory is that Facebook is a China thing developed to correlate the info they already got from our government websites.

In any case you guys just confirmed that there is not anything up and running for RB.

Top Bottom