• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Email from Bluegrass said they planned to run a match and classifier, if anyone needs a classification. Lin does run chrono on the classifier, so no bunny fart loads lol

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Oh, this was on another thread, reposting because I think it is something everybody should see.

I might have let something similar get started at the house one match, but Mike was on his toes & made sure it did not happen. At a USPSA match last year I think I might have prevented this from happening.

Nothing is more relaxing than to be with a squad where everyone understands the risks and keeps their eyes open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzTIKAbI3k

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Oh, this was on another thread, reposting because I think it is something everybody should see.

I might have let something similar get started at the house one match, but Mike was on his toes & made sure it did not happen. At a USPSA match last year I think I might have prevented this from happening.

Nothing is more relaxing than to be with a squad where everyone understands the risks and keeps their eyes open.

OH MY GOD!!!! How that guy, with all those rounds flying, didn't get hit... he'd best start going to church if he didn't before... WOW!!!!!!

That does bring up a great point about helping the SO...they tend to have so much going on it is hard for them to be both squad mom, competitor and head-counter while trying to keep the shooter's straight. Also speaks volumes of having see-through barriers like they do up in Lewisport. Hard to get lost there except for the occasional cluster of barrels but having one or two drag their behinds while they make that final pasting push is a must!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Gotta admit, until I saw the "moving target" I was just thinking "man, I'm not seeing anything wrong here." And then I let out an audible "WOOH!"

Good vid to raise awareness. I think if I was the paster I would have hit the deck. If I was the shooter I would have went home. If I was the SO I would just give up competitions period.

Ironically and thankfully the closest I've ever come to something like this was at Owensboro Saturday- maybe some others on my squad saw the same thing. On this course a guy could go right or left, but whichever way you went you had to go the other way to engage the remaining targets. So, I went left and when I came back to the right, there was Bosshoss! LOL He knew what we would all do and it was totally safe, just a bit freaky to see a human in front of you on a course LOL

I'm hoping that's as close to this kind of encounter as I ever get.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Ironically and thankfully the closest I've ever come to something like this was at Owensboro Saturday- maybe some others on my squad saw the same thing. On this course a guy could go right or left, but whichever way you went you had to go the other way to engage the remaining targets. So, I went left and when I came back to the right, there was Bosshoss! LOL He knew what we would all do and it was totally safe, just a bit freaky to see a human in front of you on a course LOL

I'm hoping that's as close to this kind of encounter as I ever get.

That stage was a tough one for RO's it was the one with a door you had to open with the headshot target behind it.
    When I gave the walkthru I made a point of telling anyone going left to right that to be careful of the 180 as you had to go back uprange 3 or 4 feet to shoot the 2 targets around that wall. I think everyone went left to right.
    I followed the first shooter on that stage and when they went to that wall I was standing a few feet to the left of them and the walls and targets kept me from retreating uprange to get behind shooter. I was standing almost even with the shooters muzzle. While that shooter didn't do a reload after that position if he had and would have turned the gun slightly to the left, and most right handers do, it would have been pointed right at me.
    That is why I let the shooter go left and I went to the right side of the door. I also had a much better view of the shooter and where their muzzle was pointed especially while they were crossing and retreating to get those targets around that wall.

A reminder that in USPSA the 180 does not change it is always parallel to the back stop. So when you were crossing side to side and going back uprange I was several (10-15?) feet uprange of you and WAY behind the 180.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That stage was a tough one for RO's it was the one with a door you had to open with the headshot target behind it.

Off topic slightly but I was going to ask you about the door. The better shooters on my squad opened the door first & then backed up for the side targets. To me this seemed awkward & I shot the side targets first then moved up & opened the door.
    I'm assuming that my way was the wrong way but figured I'd confirm if you do not mind.

A couple folks on my squad really pushed the 180 on stage 1 while shooting the 3 targets on the right on the move. One of the more experienced guys used it as a teaching moment, if you shot them slower than you planned or moved faster than you planned the angles got ugly.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Definitely Paul, there was nothing unsafe about and it was something of an ro tap to hang with the shooter. All the same, it was unique to see an ro at all lol! I've seen a couple of ro traps in Gary's stages before but everyone seems to keep on their toes.

Jeff, I shot the headshots while moving back. That was the stage all the stuff started coming off my belt, so I don't think the moving headshots benefited me lol

Top Bottom