The Official OSUT #217 and baby its cold outside...:)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Left home late today. Stopped at grocery. I have been getting those packaged mashed potatoes here lately. They aren't too bad and a heckuva a lot easier than actually making them
    Are you talking about pre-made mashed potatoes or the instant ones in the little pouches? I use the latter and really like them. I like all the flavor varieties they come in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ah, I've never tried those before. The little pouches are just so quick and easy. Boil water, remove from heat and dump in the pouch and stir. Voila! Potatoes in less than 30 seconds. :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I complained on FB about the time and trouble of making real mashed potatoes for just one person and some of my womenfolk kin recommended it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I complained on FB about the time and trouble of making real mashed potatoes for just one person and some of my womenfolk kin recommended it.
    Yeah, that's the same reason I started using the instant. DoggyMama doesn't eat much so it was basically like making them for one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are you talking about pre-made mashed potatoes or the instant ones in the little pouches? I use the latter and really like them. I like all the flavor varieties they come in.
    We get instant tatters at Sams. Comes in a container that looks like a wax 1 gallon milk container. Idaho brand. If you make them properly and use copious amounts of real butter they are very good. Best we have found.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We get instant tatters at Sams. Comes in a container that looks like a wax 1 gallon milk container. Idaho brand. If you make them properly and use copious amounts of real butter they are very good. Best we have found.
    I get the Idahoan brand of the pouches. Baby Reds, Roasted Garlic, 4 cheese... they're a lot better than the old instant potatoes used to be!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom