• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Bought the supplies needed for a “paint correction” on the C5. Wash, claybar, compound, polish, wax/coat. It’s a long process but my very first job was at a car wash and I worked my way up to a detailer. It’s kind’ve nostalgic/therapeutic for me.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Bought the supplies needed for a “paint correction” on the C5. Wash, claybar, compound, polish, wax/coat. It’s a long process but my very first job was at a car wash and I worked my way up to a detailer. It’s kind’ve nostalgic/therapeutic for me.
    I rhino-lined the hood on the Mustang. After 2 accidents I figured it couldn't look worse lol. Not only does it actually look pretty good, but now I don't feel bad if I toss tools/parts on top of it when I'm working on stuff or in a hurry.
    Might have to do that to all my cars. No more paint correction required!

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I picked up my GN up from a detailer yesterday. It's a side gig for him but he's a certified Jax Wax guy and very particular about his work. It's an older paint job and had a LOT of swirl and scratches in it. He said he put at least 30 hours of buffing into it. He did under the hood and the trunk and and interior detail. I didn't realize the interior was dirty until her got it done. He did a great job. Looks like a different car. I couldn't be happier. IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4214[1].JPG

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I picked up my GN up from a detailer yesterday. It's a side gig for him but he's a certified Jax Wax guy and very particular about his work. It's an older paint job and had a LOT of swirl and scratches in it. He said he put at least 30 hours of buffing into it. He did under the hood and the trunk and and interior detail. I didn't realize the interior was dirty until her got it done. He did a great job. Looks like a different car. I couldn't be happier. View attachment 136458 View attachment 136459
    OK lets see it.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a few friends that seriously enjoy a Sunday afternoon deep into this process.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I picked up my GN up from a detailer yesterday. It's a side gig for him but he's a certified Jax Wax guy and very particular about his work. It's an older paint job and had a LOT of swirl and scratches in it. He said he put at least 30 hours of buffing into it. He did under the hood and the trunk and and interior detail. I didn't realize the interior was dirty until her got it done. He did a great job. Looks like a different car. I couldn't be happier. View attachment 136458 View attachment 136459

The finish on mine won’t be as noticeable of a transformation because my car is yellow not black, but I am hoping to get rid of most of the swirls and bring the “pop” back out of the color.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The finish on mine won’t be as noticeable of a transformation because my car is yellow not black, but I am hoping to get rid of most of the swirls and bring the “pop” back out of the color.
    I would venture to say it will be a noticeable improvement.
    I have owned a couple of yellow cars and lately I seem to be gravitating back to the color.

I miss my 68 banana yellow Nova. It was a street beast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Used the string/ruler method to size the drive belts for the fancy accessory drive.
    Ordered the belts. Then it dawns on me the replacement PS pump pully is a solid disk and the original was slotted to match the Alt. pully.
    The PS pump has t fasteners to hold it in place once the belt is on. One is directly behind the pully. The pully runs so close to the mount there is no way to get to that fastener. None. WTAF peoples. This thing is such a pain in the ass. I should have just spent more of "HIS" money and went with the March system.

Only cure is drill a hole directly in line with the allen head so I can make a proper adjustment.
    Then match that hole 180 degrees over to keep it balanced. What a total pain in my ass and such a waste of time. All because I wanted to save him some money. :xmad:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Picked up the Gal from the upholstery shop Friday afternoon and since it hadn't been out of the my shop in over a year took it to the carwash to knock off the collected dirt and grime. I noticed copious amounts of water cascading down the firewall so moved around to the back and noticed a nice waterfall feature around the back window as well! It doesn't appear that the "windshield guy" used any sealant between the gasket and body.:ugh: Called the shop and after some discussion I'm to bring it back after our much anticipated upcoming vacation to have it redone correctly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    pen a couple of hours making the last to .320 spacers to mount the PS pump.
    Drilled the hole in the drive pulley so I can get to the adjuster fastener.
    Primed the oil pump. Turned up 50 PSI with the drill motor.
    Measured up for the stainless braided lines to make the hoses for the steering.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    pen a couple of hours making the last to .320 spacers to mount the PS pump.
    Drilled the hole in the drive pulley so I can get to the adjuster fastener.
    Primed the oil pump. Turned up 50 PSI with the drill motor.
    Measured up for the stainless braided lines to make the hoses for the steering.
    Forward progress!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom