• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Would guys want to bring their own rifles? Or would it be best if everyone used 1 rifle to keep things the same? That one rifle could be zero'd, then we would know for sure it was all shooter ability.

Shooters could buy their own ammo? Or buy it all from a single participant who was willing to procure it and sell it. Maybe Bradis could sponsor it. . . .

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Would guys want to bring their own rifles? Or would it be best if everyone used 1 rifle to keep things the same? That one rifle could be zero'd, then we would know for sure it was all shooter ability.

Shooters could buy their own ammo? Or buy it all from a single participant who was willing to procure it and sell it. Maybe Bradis could sponsor it. . . .

I would be up for this since I don't have any bolt guns currently. But if it goes the other way, I still think it would be really cool to watch. If I can't participate maybe I could be some assistance scoring or timing.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I got a bag of 303brit... old school Cordite stuff.

Don't even own anything chambered that caliber. :n00b:

i rarely shoot mine because ammo isnt the cheapest.

enfields
    mausers
    nagants

i have + ammo

probably most accurate with mother Russia's nagant

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I'd love to take part in such an event, but having fired a bolt-action a grand total of one time, I have a feeling my results would be less than stellar.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    very interesting idea! Ive seen the mad minute, and wanted to try it myself.

My home range has a 200 yard line, but a trip to Lovemywoods would be awesome as well :)

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have a ton of 8mm. It tore up my shoulder today at atterbury! Count me in and possibly a plus one, if we get this going!

Would a yugo sks work if we switched off the gas setting?

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I would love to try it.Now think about 6 hits at 200 yds with a WW1 rifle.To make this match fair it will have to be done with a WW1 enfield.Nothing else and i think you will be in for a big suprise.And no i have never fired a enfield.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I'm willing to provide the Enfield (a No 4 mk 1* of WWII vintage) that has both a battle peep and the micrometer rear sight. Might need to get it dialed in first as I've not shot it past 100yds yet.

I can either load up some handloads I know shoot well, or if we can get an ammo sponsor that would be ok too.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'm not a rifle shooter but depending on when this is I'd be willing to make the drive down.

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    will keep track of this thread to see where it goes. i have a couple of enfields, one is in peices tho. those rifles have the smoothest action i have ever encountered. my personal opinion is that both contestants could have done so much better if they had listened to ian more. he gave them some very sound advice on use of that rifle. neither appeared to utilize the techniques. i am anxious to try the middle finger on the trigger idea.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd love to participate in something like this, if for no other reason than to see Lovemywoods' setup! :) Have plenty of 7.62x54R and 8mm Mauser.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    My thoughts on this particular event.

The rifle had a sling, neither used it and no footage was shown of Ian instructing them on its use.
    Considering that they were able to rearrange the area, slung up with a sand bag under the support hand would have provided a very solid platform.
    As both competitors only hit the target 6 times with a technique that they were comfortable with, I would suggest that the middle finger technique with a single training session would have resulted in even less hits.
    I'm not familiar with the butt plate on an Enfield, how much it would slide around on the fabric of their shirts would be a concern.
    A 24" target is twice the size of the aiming black shot by Highpower competitors at the same distance.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Sound like fun. I've got several old bolt guns that i could bring. anyone can shoot them if they bring ammo and clean them. 8mm mauser, 7.62x54R, 303 brit and 308

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Glad to see this getting some interest! And while like I said unfortunately with my heavy class load I would not have time to organize it. But my original thoughts were Old milsurp bolt guns Enfields against Enfields, Mausers against Mausers, Nagants vs Nagants. That would even the playing field and keep it simple. And any other Bolt gun that you could load with a stripper clip, Because I know there are others out there like the K Swiss and the Arisaka (SP?).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So I talked with lovemywoods and we outlined a basic setup for an INGO Mad Minute Challenge. We think we could run this as a fairly simple one-day event sometime in the next couple months.

Let me work on some more details and I'll get back to this thread with a layout.

Top Bottom