Blacksburg

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Enough!

Thank you Que. There are so many bashers on here and other forums that many tend to forget the sacrifices made by those who stand between us and harms way and their families. The same poignant quote that applies to our Soldiers,Sailors and Airmen also applies to our Police Officers,"All gave some, some gave all". :patriot:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It is not just the criminals, it is the politicians who allow these people to be on our streets in the first place. Also it is not just LEO's, many civilians are killed each year trying to protect their families as well. We need to remember all who protect.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is not just the criminals, it is the politicians who allow these people to be on our streets in the first place. Also it is not just LEO's, many civilians are killed each year trying to protect their families as well. We need to remember all who protect.

The problem is that people aren't typically targeted for death based on the clothes they are wearing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The problem is that people aren't typically targeted for death based on the clothes they are wearing.
    Not gonna get into a discussion about what clothes anyone wears. Any good Law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty is a tragedy. Period.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

This is so true. :yesway:

Officers work a typically thankless job. It seems the only time we give them an ounce of attention is when one of the few bad ones does something wrong. I know, the whole Us vs. Them thing has been hashed out many times here on INGO, and I'm sure someone will come along and say something to the effect that "nobody forced them to take the job." But the simple fact is that when they put on that uniform, they also place a huge target on their backs. They generally deal with people who have no respect for the law in the first place. And I think that we can agree that someone with no respect for the law will not have any type of respect for those who enforce the law either.

My hats off to them. And thanks Que for posting the vid. Very touching indeed. :patriot:

ETA: I wonder how many posts it will take before someone turns this into a cop bashing thread?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think the more good armed citizens we have in our streets the safer our police officers will be.
    If a criminal pulls a gun on a cop I would be more than happy to cover his/her back and shoot that scumbag.
    Cops are here to serve and protect us but we are also here to protect them should we need to, especially if we are carrying the tools to do so.
    It's not just cops vs criminals, its cops and the armed public vs criminals.
    Let the criminals be aware that we are ready to get the back of any man or woman wearing the uniform.

ahc-10196.gif

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't put this up to start an argument. It's getting hot outside, sooner than it has in the past. We all know that when it gets hot, tempters flare for various reasons and the police are the ones that are called to bring order. I don't necessarily depend on the police to be my first line of defense, but they are definitely my backup and I appreciate knowing I can call upon them, if needed.

I was more than a bit upset looking at the video, around 2:25, which is the reason I posted this thread. INGO officers, stay safe this summer!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn't put this up to start an argument. It's getting hot outside, sooner than it has in the past. We all know that when it gets hot, tempters flare for various reasons and the police are the ones that are called to bring order. I don't necessarily depend on the police to be my first line of defense, but they are definitely my backup and I appreciate knowing I can call upon them, if needed.

I was more than a bit upset looking at the video, around 2:25, which is the reason I posted this thread. INGO officers, stay safe this summer!
    Well said and agreed :yesway: Repped.

Top Bottom