• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to be short lived. Lego said they were "displeased" with the design and let the company know.

"We contacted the company and they have agreed to remove the product from their website and not make or sell anything like this in the future," a Lego spokesperson told The Hill in an email.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Seems to be short lived. Lego said they were "displeased" with the design and let the company know.

"We contacted the company and they have agreed to remove the product from their website and not make or sell anything like this in the future," a Lego spokesperson told The Hill in an email.
    Well I was displeased every time I stepped on one of their products with bare feet. I guess we're even now.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I like both Glock and Lego but I don't think both brands should meet.

I’m assuming it’s frowned upon to let kids play with toy guns over there?

No it's not.
    Airsoft is even very popular here (and ours don't have orange tips here).

Kids can play with toy guns.

Making your real firearm look like a toy gun is different though ... and potentially deadly.

Apparently some criminals do that in the US, they paint their real guns to make them look like Nerf/toy guns.

IBKUS5DS5NHTFHO6QO54WFTEZI.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    No it's not.
    Airsoft is even very popular here (and ours don't have orange tips here).

Kids can play with toy guns.

Making your real firearm look like a toy gun is different though ... and potentially deadly.

Apparently some criminals do that in the US, they paint their real guns to make them look like Nerf/toy guns.

IBKUS5DS5NHTFHO6QO54WFTEZI.jpg
    Interesting, thank you.
    Surprised no orange tips. I suppose maybe the assumption is no one has guns so if you see one you assume it’s a toy instead of the other way around? But there I go assuming again…
    I think we’re the other way, that making your toy gun look like a real one is more of a problem, but it’s certainly a problem both ways.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Interesting, thank you.
    Surprised no orange tips. I suppose maybe the assumption is no one has guns so if you see one you assume it’s a toy instead of the other way around? But there I go assuming again…
    I think we’re the other way, that making your toy gun look like a real one is more of a problem, but it’s certainly a problem both ways.
    I think airsoft guns are used in 90%+ of the time in "gun robberies" over here.
    They look very similar to real ones, same price too (for some models you can spent over $600) for luxury versions, same weight, metal slides, and built under licence so they have the same markings (HK, Glock etc).

We have airsoft shops, similar to gun shops.
    It's not the same kind of airsoft you find at Walmart in the states.

That's a airsoft version ...

1g3qw76iy5p11.jpg

Even when you take them apart they look very similar to real firearms.

airsoft029.jpg

It's illegal to carry/use airsoft guns in public so there is no need for the orange tip.

It has to be used on private property, with people who know they are not real guns.

Just like in the States you will get shot if you play with one in the street.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There is a difference between non-functional toy guns and fully functional guns that look like toys.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think this is hilarious and the fudds and Bloomberg zombies united in their butthurt just makes it funnier. :laugh:

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My Glock is my property and I should be able to modify it however I like, whether others like how I modify it or not.

This is the again a potentially slippery slope, next pink guns are outlawed? Any bright colored cerakote?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1. It is called LEGO not whatever da f.. they wrote on that article.

2. That sidearm is yuck!

3. Slapping tape with connections to add plastic building blocks does NOT make it a LEGO product. The tape is NOT made by The LEGO Company.

4. Unsure if the bricks are actually LEGO brand or just a knock-off as the image does not show the LEGO logo which real LEGO bricks have.

5. Doubt the C&D would hold up in court had the company not used the word LEGO at all. Unsure if they actually did.

Top Bottom