• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am still in weight loss mode so usually eat once a day in the evening but eventually will go into weight maintenance mode by eating in the morning and evening. Eating something in the morning like say a glass of milk (has some sugar) will bump the insulin level and keep it in the insulin sensitivity range and later add some more whole food cooked veggies (fresh but cooked).

The great thing about this lifestyle (not diet) is I don’t count calories or track anything except weight, don’t worry about overeating, it is easy to do, it eliminates most all inflammatory foods (I don’t really have those issues but probably 50% of people do).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Without a warmup, I did a mile in just under 8:30 on the road. Slowly starting more speed work back in to the rotation.

Side note, I got a nice cold weather mask made for running. It retains the moisture from your exhalation to warm the air coming back in and humidify it a bit without making you feel like you're waterboarding yourself. My lungs definitely feel better when it's well below freezing using it.

Reactions: Leo

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go for diabetic blood checks tomorrow. Bought some size L vests and a shirt the other day. Even those seemed a "little" loose but better than the XXL and XXXL stuff everything else is. Find out the low down at the office coming up next week.

I always dread all this. Even more this close to and after all the holiday piling it on every where. Every where I look or go someone is trying to SELL garbage to eat or wanting me to eat it, like MY OWN wanting to eat that crap isn't enough.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This last 30 days has been tough.

Between church dinners, being a guest in peoples homes, eating various foods off snack tables at parties and gatherings, and irregular eating schedules, Nothing has been right. We missed a lot of meals due to traveling and attending all the grandkids events, so you would think that would balance out. I have really only had proper meals 1/4 of the time and very few of them were in my scheduled meal times.
    I walked around most of the month feeling hungry and unsatisfied, and still picked up 5 lbs. No matter what the scale says, I just plain feel terrible. If I see another cheese ball I am going to become even more unreasonable.

Kind of takes the fun away

(tantrum over)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Go for diabetic blood checks tomorrow. Bought some size L vests and a shirt the other day. Even those seemed a "little" loose but better than the XXL and XXXL stuff everything else is. Find out the low down at the office coming up next week.

I always dread all this. Even more this close to and after all the holiday piling it on every where. Every where I look or go someone is trying to SELL garbage to eat or wanting me to eat it, like MY OWN wanting to eat that crap isn't enough.
    The holidays for me are pretty tame this year so the only carbs I had was a slice of pumpkin pie on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas Day.

I don’t know your diet but doctor Westman, someone I watch on YouTube has treated overweight patients for 25 years and is not an ‘influencer’ if you know what I mean.

Fortunately my only problem (that I know of) is high blood pressure.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I haven't gone buck wild eating during the holidays, so I'm proud of myself there. I am up about nine pounds, but it's because I've changed my workout routine. I'm trying to pack on some muscle, so I don't know how much of the added weight is water from the supplements, fat I've put back on, or the actual muscle I was trying increase. I'm done with bulking around the first week of March, then it's back to trying to get lean for the Summer. I'll have a better idea what I've done to myself over the Winter then. I am fairly confident at least a small portion of the weight is muscle. I track my progress at the gym closely, and I'm making small gains in the weights I can lift and the number of reps I can do every week.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Weighed in about 2.5 weeks ago at 207. After 9-10 days of covid (which is getting better now) today I am 211. Not so bad considering I ate a lot of frozen meals and junk when I was sick. I couldn't cook, and my mom had to eat something. I managed not to give the covid to her, so that's the biggest win.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I almost never check out the "Break Room" section, so I've never seen this thread before. I'm not sure if my present situation would be described as "hardcore", but after reading a page or two of the latest replies I think I'm among friends here.

I was pretty much always a bit of a chubby ("husky" was a popular word at the time) kid, and have been overweight my entire adult life. Per interwebz, a "healthy" or "ideal" weight for my size seems to be 150 - 155 ish pounds. I've weighed about 195 for nearly 20 years. A few years ago, COVID shutdowns and a household member with a compromised immune system lead me to stop going to the gym, and lose all muscle. Starting a family added another ~15 "dad bod" pounds. I crossed into "obese" territority, per my BMI, for the first time.

I'm hoping I've finally reached the tipping point, and have just had enough of always feeling tired, having no energy, and not enjoying how I look. Since late October I have made efforts to do at-home exercises, walk more, eat WAY less sugar, and right-size those portions. I'm down 24.4 pounds. It feels really good. About 30 or so to go.

Good luck everyone! I've struggled over and over with this and it's the hardest thing I have ever tried to do.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I almost never check out the "Break Room" section, so I've never seen this thread before. I'm not sure if my present situation would be described as "hardcore", but after reading a page or two of the latest replies I think I'm among friends here.

I was pretty much always a bit of a chubby ("husky" was a popular word at the time) kid, and have been overweight my entire adult life. Per interwebz, a "healthy" or "ideal" weight for my size seems to be 150 - 155 ish pounds. I've weighed about 195 for nearly 20 years. A few years ago, COVID shutdowns and a household member with a compromised immune system lead me to stop going to the gym, and lose all muscle. Starting a family added another ~15 "dad bod" pounds. I crossed into "obese" territority, per my BMI, for the first time.

I'm hoping I've finally reached the tipping point, and have just had enough of always feeling tired, having no energy, and not enjoying how I look. Since late October I have made efforts to do at-home exercises, walk more, eat WAY less sugar, and right-size those portions. I'm down 24.4 pounds. It feels really good. About 30 or so to go.

Good luck everyone! I've struggled over and over with this and it's the hardest thing I have ever tried to do.
    Good for you! Best thing one can do for themselves is to stop eating sugar and highly processed foods.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Glad you made it in. Just having someone in a similar situation to talk to helps.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This week's version of covid is quite the diet! No appetite at all. I can still taste & smell, no fever at all but a lot of the other common symptoms.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This week's version of covid is quite the diet! No appetite at all. I can still taste & smell, no fever at all but a lot of the other common symptoms.
    I had the 102 fever/chills/cough/headache/body aches/diarrhea for over a week. The one thing I've noticed since I'm better is that I am craving sweets, not a good thing. Hope that **** stops soon.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    xNDbrYo.png

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Weight day. YIKES! Gained 4.6 pounds! Not sure exactly why but it is what it is. So far 22 weeks of fairly steady weight loss and one gain week so I can’t complain and no, if you ask, it isn’t muscle.

Is it something I ate? LOL

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Weight day. YIKES! Gained 4.6 pounds! Not sure exactly why but it is what it is. So far 22 weeks of fairly steady weight loss and one gain week so I can’t complain and no, if you ask, it isn’t muscle.

Is it something I ate? LOL
    It happens. To me it happens a lot, and it pisses me off. Most of the time for me, it doesn't come right down again. I have to fight for it. I wish I knew what it was. It's annoying to be one weight one day and five pounds more the next, when you know you didn't put five pounds of anything in your body.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It happens. To me it happens a lot, and it pisses me off. Most of the time for me, it doesn't come right down again. I have to fight for it. I wish I knew what it was. It's annoying to be one weight one day and five pounds more the next, when you know you didn't put five pounds of anything in your body.
    I did cook a large amount of something that may have triggered it. I have been well fat adapted but may have introduced too many carbs. That triggers insulin to rise and that instructs your fat cells to store the glucose (along with telling muscles to use it). Last week I did not wake up as well as I have been and hit snooze a number of times which could be a sign for me. I also don’t measure things like glucose and ketones because I don’t need to spend the $$$.

What I have done before has been working so I will revert to my regular meals and just relax and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom