• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good work, my friend.

You and the Mrs should start thinking about starting your own YouTube Keto diet/cooking/lifesyle channel. Seems to be the craze...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Down 75 and fighting through a bit of a plateau. The carb cravings are long gone, now I’m focusing on portion control and adding in some exercise. Joined the local Y and have been doing water aerobics followed by 30-45 minutes of lap swimming 3 times a week.

I’m definitely not the target demo for water aerobics, but they welcome me just th same.... and I’m not even the youngest there when my wife goes with me. :)

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Down 75 and fighting through a bit of a plateau. The carb cravings are long gone, now I’m focusing on portion control and adding in some exercise. Joined the local Y and have been doing water aerobics followed by 30-45 minutes of lap swimming 3 times a week.

I’m definitely not the target demo for water aerobics, but they welcome me just th same.... and I’m not even the youngest there when my wife goes with me. :)

Makes me feel a little silly for struggling with the 20lbs I've lost recently. What happened to the BJJ?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Welp, here we are again, and here I am back where I started. My health issues are demanding that I lose some weight and get in better shape. So here I am documenting the beginning of my new journey. I started 2020 at 5'1", 260 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get down to 150. My two-pronged approach involves a low-carb diet and gentle exercise. I joined the Y and enrolled in an aquatic exercise class. I was amazed at how well I could move in the pool. With my arthritis and mobility issues, anything more rigorous is out of the question right now.

I'm down 8 pounds this week, but I know it won't continue at that rate.

If your goal is to bulk up or to lose ten pounds, there is another fitness thread for that. This is for the guys and gals with hardcore weight and/or mobility issues who would like to share their progress and give support.

Who's with me?

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Back with ya snap. I was down 85 lbs, but back slid a bit. Back on track with strict Keto and am now incorporating intermittent fasting.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks, guys.

Week one at the Y is in the books. Weight has leveled off at 253, which is 7 lbs down from the first of the year. I went to pool classes on MWF and started on some of the gentler equipment (Nu-step and Arc Trainer) on Wednesday. Did 5 minutes Weds and 10 minutes today. My bad shoulder is not happy with me, so I need to figure out what not to do to hurt it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am going to start working on it. I have been exercising the last couple of days and trying to cut out sweets. I still have a hard time limiting portion size though.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ordered a pretty decent looking stationery bike. I’m hoping it doesn’t end up being a clothes rack.

There are many days I’d like to get in 30 min of quick cardio, but by the time I change clothes, drive to the Y, workout, and drive home, it becomes a 1.5-2hr ordeal.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Last year gave up all fast food and went from 261 to 230. Right now im bouncing between 229 and 234. Trying hard this year to cut all sweets out except for my kids birthday, Easter, The 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. My goal is 190/200.

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    I am going to start working on it. I have been exercising the last couple of days and trying to cut out sweets. I still have a hard time limiting portion size though.

I find that constant snacking helps with that. You can finish a meal and not worry about being hungry if you already have some snacks lined up.

Snacks in my case largely being grapes and especially raisins currently. Or that greek yogurt that's loaded with protein. Either way I'm getting less overall calories but the constant chewing tricks my stomach. I got the idea from a podcast where the guy had the same problem. He looked for some snack food that was essentially healthy but very low in calories (greens in general were good for that) and pointed out that he could literally snack all day until his stomach was bursting and still be under his calorie limits.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I started dieting the third week of October in 2019. Lord knows how many times I've started one is the past ten years, and I have no idea why I've been able to stick to this one, but when I weighed in this morning, I'm down 33 pounds. After I got weighed, I went out for my walk/run session and I smashed my time for the 4.5 mile loop I make. I hope I can keep this up because I cut myself a deal when I started. If I can drop 75 pounds, I'm getting a new motorcycle.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Hello,
    Started exercising back in July 2019. When I started I weighed in at 260 with a 42 in waist. Have been lifting weights 3 days a week (total body workout) and doing cardio for one or two nights a week. Not on any real diet, only limiting my intake.
    This morning I weighed in at 243 lbs. and I have been wearing suspenders as my 42 in waist pants now are loose and my belts have worn out of holes.
    My goal for this year is to get below 200 lbs by loosing 1 lb per week. I have also noticed that my A1C has went down to 6.2 and that I am feeling more energetic and motivated. My strength is improving and so is my endurance.

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Hello,
    Started exercising back in July 2018. When I started I weighed in at 260 with a 42 in waist. Have been lifting weights 3 days a week (total body workout) and doing cardio for one or two nights a week. Not on any real diet, only limiting my intake.
    This morning I weighed in at 243 lbs. and I have been wearing suspenders as my 42 in waist pants now are loose and my belts have worn out of holes.
    My goal for this year is to get below 200 lbs by loosing 1 lb per week. I have also noticed that my A1C has went down to 6.2 and that I am feeling more energetic and motivated. My strength is improving and so is my endurance.

That is great progress. I'm happy to hear about positive impacts on your A1C and overall health. These are good metrics to focus on.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Not really interested in getting to the weight of 150 or so lbs that I should be for 5"7" but would be happy to get to 170 to 180 lbs.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Great job, guys. Keep it up. I have had a slight backslide with a health scare and pending surgery. I won't be able to go to the pool at the Y for at least a month. I'll try to get in a little bit of light cardio on the machines when I can.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Hello,
    Started exercising back in July 2019. When I started I weighed in at 260 with a 42 in waist. Have been lifting weights 3 days a week (total body workout) and doing cardio for one or two nights a week. Not on any real diet, only limiting my intake.

That's awesome. I didn't mention this in my post, but I feel so much better now than I did three months ago. I have loads more energy, plus I'm sleeping way better too. I read somewhere it takes on average 66 days for something to become a habit. I can believe that number. While I don't exactly enjoy pushing myself with cardio 4-5 times per week, I'm to the point where it bothers me terribly if I think I'm going to miss a session.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom