The INDY 1500 and IMPD need our help - SAFETY!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    INGOers,

Here is an image of one of the new clearing barrels and "unload guns here" signs.

HtNOZgH.jpg

Here is an image of the rounds IMPD pulled out of guns before they made it into the show on Friday. :facepalm:

OSuaxoI.jpg

We are lucky to have a large gun show to enjoy in Indy. The show and IMPD are working hard to make things as safe as possible and we need to do our part to remind people to not be morons!

Let's all look out for the good of the show and the safety of the officers checking guns. If you are in line remind people around you about being safe. If you see something unsafe alert show staff or IMPD immediately. Together we can help make sure the 1500 is an event we can all enjoy for years to come.

Pass the word along and thanks!

:ingo:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like 9 .22, 1 .30-06, 1 7.62X51, a few 9MM, .40 and .45 acp, etc. I will not be one of those who make the rest of us look bad.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    AMEN, please everyone help to police one another.

NoOne SHOULD BE EXEMPT in utilizing the CLEARING BARRELS!

CSM RETIRED

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm really surprised it's taken this long to get the clearing barrels in place. Has the recent rash of NDs been unprecedented or are people just getting more concerned than they have been in the past?

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Please be safe. The officer was grateful I handed mine to him with the slide locked back. I told him I had seen a picture of ammo that had been chambered from the night before. He pointed to a pile (about 20 rounds) that had been from this morning. It was only 8:15.

Remember to be safe unloading and reloading. A lot of stupid out in the world. Let's not be part of it.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    INGOers, As of 3:00 on Saturday this is what IMPD has pulled out of guns being checked that should have already been unloaded :facepalm:

PLEASE BE SAFE and pass the word along!!!!

KzSx7w8.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I always unload outside and hand the officers my pistol with the slide locked back pointed away from them. That way they can look straight down the barrel and its never pointing at them.

It's probably folks who can't read. (Wasn't there just a article released about how like 80% of New York high school graduates are illiterate). Maybe they could get some audio to announce that firearms must be unloads also.

Top Bottom