The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 14th Edition: Ketchup Farts, Dog Sneezes and Misspelled Tattoos

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That is an emergency surfacing right? Normally they wouldn't have to be quite so vigorous about it.

Emergency Blow.
    No, not normal.
    You go up, rapidly, with no ability to change your mind.
    Find out there's an oil tanker in your path that was sitting still undetected, and you're gonna have a bad day.
    Also dangerous in that you can lose air from the ballast tanks during ascent.
    Which is a problem since you basically use most/all your air.
    So if you start sliding back down, we'll you're NOT gonna have a fun time.

One thing not seen, while a purpose of the blow is to gain maximum positive buoyancy, it also is to give an "up angle" to the sub, so that you can use your main engines to help DRIVE the sub up.

You blow the forward tanks first to get the desired angle, then the aft to keep the angle from going too high.
    Think of an upside down cup holding trapped air underwater.
    Tilt the cup too much, most of the air escapes.
    If the air escapes the ballast tanks, nothing will keep you from sliding back into your final descent to meet Davey Jones.

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    True story. I was in the hospital after surgery for a burst appendix, it was as painful as they say. They put another guy in my room who was in the last stages of alcoholic dementia. He had a catheter and tubes in every other opening. Middle of the night he got up and pulled the catheter out while it was inflated. I rang the bell for the nurses, lots of blood and the pic is the face I made.........:nailbite:

Don

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom