• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I was in the break room at work today and saw a bit on Fox about lady Obama doing some interview for ABC where she claimed that little girl that sung at her hubbies inauguration was gunned down by kids with automatic weapons they didn't need. ABC then edited the part out.

Do you think they should've left it in to show how ignorant she is on the topic and how silly it was she didn't know details of the crime when she had the parents sitting next to her through the state of the union address?

Or...

Do you think it was better they edited it out so idiots around the country wouldn't hear it from her and therefore believe it as gospel?

I am kinda split on the two. I think she just needs to keep her trap shut.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    This has nothing to do with politics...... But I think the media should actually report the truth for once. We are well beyond that now, I'm afraid.

In this instance, the news report on the shooting should spell out exactly what happened. The news report on Mrs. Obama should quote her exactly. Then folks can make up their own minds.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I think if they left it in; Most americans would know that she misspoke.

This is the kind of "Gotcha" mentality that Sarah Palin was talking about.

These are the kind of things that paint us pro-gun folks as not being able to separate the substance from the distractions.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think if they left it in; Most americans would know that she misspoke.

This is the kind of "Gotcha" mentality that Sarah Palin was talking about.

These are the kind of things that paint us pro-gun folks as not being able to separate the substance from the distractions.
    No it shows that most anti gun people with an agenda don't know what the hell they are talking about or are intentionally disseminating false information to further that agenda.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    My take is the woman is totally ignorant on guns...as is most of the Libs.

ABC, on the other hand, is an honest and upstanding news organization that only editted that one sentence for brevity...

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I don't think it really matters. The people that she appeals to aren't concerned with the details, they just believe the girl was gunned down and all guns need to be banned. Banning the so called "assault weapons" is just a good starting point for them. In their eyes, the first lady can do no wrong anyway.

Last edited:

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Shouldn't she be working in her whitehouse garden, or exercising? Oh, wait...I forgot, she has an Emmy to award to somebody.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't know if this is even worth answering. Yes I think the press should start telling the whole truth instead of editing for the sheep. The truth then let people decide what to think. I know its a bizarre and unheard of concept, the news media reporting the truth. If they reported the truth we wouldn't be saddled with a King now.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This has nothing to do with politics...... But I think the media should actually report the truth for once. We are well beyond that now, I'm afraid.

In this instance, the news report on the shooting should spell out exactly what happened. The news report on Mrs. Obama should quote her exactly. Then folks can make up their own minds.

The Main Stream Media is dead. We now have a State Controlled Media.

rlmx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I was in the break room at work today and saw a bit on Fox about lady Obama doing some interview for ABC where she claimed that little girl that sung at her hubbies inauguration was gunned down by kids with automatic weapons they didn't need. ABC then edited the part out.

The Washington Times's Emily Miller explained how ABC deceptively edited the segment...

The transcript of the interview, which was taped on Friday, February 22, shows that Mrs. Obama said this of Miss Pendleton (italics mine):

"She was standing out in a park with her friends in a neighborhood blocks away from where my kids grew up, where our house is. She had just taken a chemistry test. And she was caught in the line of fire because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need," she said. "I just don’t want to keep disappointing our kids in this country. I want them to know that we put them first."

"Because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need" was edited out.

No Mrs. Obama, you just do not care if I have the necessary fire power on hand to be able to defend my family from all the drug dealers that the liberals support, so you spread lies to support your position. You have no care about the cost of implementing your husband's agenda.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I think it was theblaze that contacted them over it, and they claimed to it was just a time edit, and that the part wasn't edited out on purpose. The transcript from the interview was already up online before the show went live.

Top Bottom